PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian RW Fingerboards

michaelomiya
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I know we're NOT supposed to discuss dealers on the page, but man, there is a certain NW dealer who's getting a SERIOUS stock of brazilian RW fingerboards, especially on the CT's.

Tom, is this by dealer order or something you've been doing specifically for the CT's? (all 3 of their CT's have had Braz RW boards)

Also, did you come by a stash of premium Brazilian RW lately? this particular dealer also appears to be getting all of their new Andy's with Brazilian RW.:cool: :cool: :cool:

tom
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
he ordered them that way back when we had a nice stock. there doesn't appear to be anyone bringing in legal brazilian any more so that's why we're not offering it any longer. there are people selling it, but not with papers.

Mister T
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
note to self: move to brazil and start growing rosewood

tom
08-11-2008, 05:27 PM
you still can't export it without papers, not to mention it will be your grandchildren that profit from it:D
i did see some baby brazilian trees when i was in hawaii and some koa seedlings that were curly through and through!

Mister T
08-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Note to self:

Live for 200 years

tom
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
that would be very interesting. you could conceivably plat a forest of curly maple trees and come back in 80-100 years and have lots of real expensive lumber. imagine what a forest of curly koa would be worth:eek:

Mister T
08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
It would be amazing.

While on the topic of Koa I played an all koa Acoustic (top, sides and back that is) this afternoon...it was an Alvarez. Beautiful detailed bright tone.

I loved it...was hard to walk out of the store without buying it.

tom
08-11-2008, 06:19 PM
i think koa has stronger "must have looks" than anything else. hard to walk away.

michaelomiya
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
i think koa has stronger "must have looks" than anything else. hard to walk away.

family has property with a Koa grove - my uncle's like, "eh brah, no need fo' grumbling - don't even t'ink about it".

Note to self: start playing a uke.:mad: :rolleyes:

theatomicjeff
08-11-2008, 07:14 PM
What is the upcharge for illegal BRW?

tom
08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
lots of people are doin' it, but not us.

dave
08-12-2008, 02:28 AM
lock 'em up..........for a very long time

SonicGator
08-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Another illegal immigration issue? ;)

pluto
08-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I know we're NOT supposed to discuss dealers on the page, but man, there is a certain NW dealer who's getting a SERIOUS stock of brazilian RW fingerboards, especially on the CT's.

Tom, is this by dealer order or something you've been doing specifically for the CT's? (all 3 of their CT's have had Braz RW boards)

Also, did you come by a stash of premium Brazilian RW lately? this particular dealer also appears to be getting all of their new Andy's with Brazilian RW.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh Oh. Don't tell me you are tempted! You're such a Gibson fanboy, I would be absolutely shocked if you went for an Atom CT. :D

enr1co
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
i think koa has stronger "must have looks" than anything else. hard to walk away.:

Yes... so hard to walk away... threw down the plastic for this after playing it for 5 minutes at the builders exhibit booth at last years Honolulu slack key guitar fest. The tone of this one is "winnahs" :D

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/3577307/aview/28.JPG

family has property with a Koa grove - my uncle's like, "eh brah, no need fo' grumbling - don't even t'ink about it".

Note to self: start playing a uke.:mad: :rolleyes:

Keep trying guitar... uke... playing still "junk brah" :o

michaelomiya
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes... so hard to walk away... threw down the plastic for this after playing it for 5 minutes at the builders exhibit booth at last years Honolulu slack key guitar fest. The tone of this one is "winnahs" :D

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/3577307/aview/28.JPG

Enrico - "eh da'kine so pretty, went wop ya jaws and end-up keepin da buggah":cool: :cool: :cool:

enr1co
08-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Enrico - "eh da'kine so pretty, went wop ya jaws and end-up keepin da buggah":cool: :cool: :cool:

ey Michael, sounds like you grew up in that koa grove- thats some thick pidgen! Had to get translation from my wife on "wop ya jaws" :D
...got her crackin' up as its been a while since she heard that :cool: :D

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/3577307/aview/1217784047831_mini_4.JPG

michaelomiya
08-15-2008, 06:43 PM
ey Michael, sounds like you grew up in that koa grove- thats some thick pidgen! Had to get translation from my wife on "wop ya jaws" :D
...got her crackin' up as its been a while since she heard that :cool: :D

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/3577307/aview/1217784047831_mini_4.JPG

haha! that's the family talkin' - everyone's from Oahu/Maui, but the most insane pidgeon is Maui. It begins to rub off after you keep hearing, "Eh Auntie, need 'kine translata fo' go figga what da katonk try say":D :D