PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Strobostomp!!!!!!!!

Paychek
04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
I can't wait for the new Peterson Strobostomp to come out in a few weeks. Has Buzz Fieten offsets and open tunings, and two programable tunings (intonation) ta boot. The link is below:
www.strobostomp.com
My birthday is at the end of the month and I have been giving the wife and kids hints. Hehe!
Mikey

Stan Malinowski
04-04-2004, 11:07 AM
VERY Cool! I have the VS-II & love it! Any idea how much the Strobostomp will sell for?

Jack Gretz
04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
We are patiently awaiting them to arrive at the store.

We ordered 5 and I remember 2 are already spoken for.

At the show I really was taken away at the build quality of these pedals.

They should be real cool.

Paychek
04-04-2004, 01:15 PM
The price at Musicians Friend is $189.95 or around there give or take a few cents.
Mikey

Scott Peterson
04-04-2004, 08:38 PM
I simply MUST have one of those. Perhaps the most exciting thing I saw from NAMM.

Jack, check your email!

tom
04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
couldn't tell by the lit, does it do intonation?

dannopelli
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I have a question:

dannopelli
04-04-2004, 10:40 PM
I have a question:

I currently use a TU2 on my pedal board. I have a DT 7 that I use when I change strings to make sure the Andy is pure.

I also have another smaller Korg tuner in my Martin case for when I do acoustic/coffe house gigs.

So I have about $200 in tuners now.

Do I NEED this? I mean once the Andy is intonated doesn't the TU2 perform the tuning properly if I tune to open strings?

Thanks for the help.

Paychek
04-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Tom
Talked to the Peterson rep via email, and he told me that the standard programmed tunings on the pedal does not include intonation offsets, but in the Peterson forums or I can email you the BF offsets for intonation. Remember, the strobostomp has two programmable memory spots. Perfect for intonation. I don't know how much of a hastle it will be tuning the string to BF pitch, then switch mode to intonation(programable), and back and so forth. I was going to buy a VSII only to find out about this new product. VSII won't fit in my guitar case, and unpracticle for gigging. VSII would work great for studio and setups. VSII does not have the BF offsets, but once again it too has programmable offsets of your choice. Tom try this url for further info.
http://www.activewebcreation.com/buzz.htm
Mikey

dannopelli
04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Paychek
Tom
Talked to the Peterson rep via email, and he told me that the standard programmed tunings on the pedal does not include intonation offsets, but in the Peterson forums or I can email you the BF offsets for intonation. Remember, the strobostomp has two programmable memory spots. Perfect for intonation. I don't know how much of a hastle it will be tuning the string to BF pitch, then switch mode to intonation(programable), and back and so forth. I was going to buy a VSII only to find out about this new product. VSII won't fit in my guitar case, and unpracticle for gigging. VSII would work great for studio and setups. VSII does not have the BF offsets, but once again it too has programmable offsets of your choice. Tom try this url for further info.
http://www.activewebcreation.com/buzz.htm
Mikey

Ok, now that I have read your post, I am wondering if I am tuning my Andy properly?! Ugh!

Paychek
04-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Tom
Also try this url that shows how accurate the Peterson tuners are to the DT7, the strobostomp has the exact accuracy as the VSI and VSII. The graph shows the Peterson strobes are allot more accurate than the DT7, perfect for setups.
Hope this helps
http://www.custombasses.8m.com/peterson/dt7.html
Mikey

tom
04-04-2004, 11:24 PM
we did lots of testing at the shop and didn't find an appreciable difference in the vsII vs dt7. the dt7 is fussier for reading technique though. looking forward to seeing the strobostomp. too bad that it looks too big for my pedalboard.

Scott Peterson
04-05-2004, 08:34 AM
If you go to www.strobostomp.com and click on "Manual" you can clearly see that it indeed comes outta the box with Buzz presets for electric and acoustic guitars.

Also listed in the "Specs" section of the product brochure "Page 2".

So it indeed does appear to come with BF presets onboard.

tom
04-05-2004, 11:48 AM
i see the offsets for tuning, am i correct that you wold have to program the intonation offsets in one of the spare banks and go back and forth to set intonation?
does anyone else hate to see that flash stuff when you enter a website?

dannopelli
04-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by tom
does anyone else hate to see that flash stuff when you enter a website?

I agree. Too much mustimedia for the amount of info provided!

Tom thanks for all your help, with my other posts, but I am still confused about whether I should invest in this tuner for live work or if my TU2 is OK. I would rather not use my DT7 live as it is fragile. I prefer a stompbox tuner.

You see I guess am not 100% up to speed on how Buzz Feiten works. I thought the offsets were only for fretted notes, not open strings.

I guess I am wondering if tuning the Anderson open produces a different tuning with the DT7 than with the TU2. I was under the impression that I only needed to use the DT7 to set and check intonation.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Stan Malinowski
04-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I thought the offsets were only for fretted notes, not open strings.

The BF offsets are for open strings.

I am wondering if tuning the Anderson open produces a different tuning with the DT7 than with the TU2

Yes, the TU2 will not compensate for the required BF offsets.

was under the impression that I only needed to use the DT7 to set and check intonation.

You need to compensate for the BF offsets both during intonation and normal open string tuning.

dannopelli
04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
:D :D :D

Thanks!

:D :D :D

tom
04-05-2004, 12:35 PM
sorry if i'm making this seem more complicated that it is. if you are happy with the tuning using your present tuner, how cool is that! if you want to be reassured, try tuning with your normal tuner. play some stuff. i find the c shaped chord a tough one to playin tune up the neck. then tune with the dt7. play the smae stuff. if you don't hear anything worth making your life harder for. don't bother with a new tuner. if you hear a difference, you'll have to weigh the cost/inconvienient factor.

dannopelli
04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Tom, Stan,

Thanks SO MUCH for all the help.

I purposely bougth this guitar, (and the Natural Cobra S I have on order) to provide me with the highest quality, best sounding instrument I could find. Being in tune all over the neck was one of the most significant factors in my decision. If not I would have gotten a Fender Custom shop and another PRS.

I did not think to do a side by side, but now that I have I notice there is a significant difference. I guess since I was using the TU 2 most of the time, and my ears were used to the old sound, I did not notice the difference.

My HDT is by far the BEST insturment in my collection. And I can not wait for the Hollow Cobra S.

So thanks again guys!

Danno

Scott Peterson
04-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Mine is in at Magdon; I'll get him my Visa number and the Strobostomp is on the way to me. Full report once I run it through the drills....

joe1962
04-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Scott Peterson
Mine is in at Magdon; I'll get him my Visa number and the Strobostomp is on the way to me. Full report once I run it through the drills....

Scott, did you get the tuner yet?

Scott Peterson
04-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by joe1962
Scott, did you get the tuner yet?

Peterson has not yet shipped them; I was misinformed. Standing by!