PDA

View Full Version : Hi All-

Gary F.
04-03-2004, 08:35 PM
New member to the forum, but i've surfed a few times and thought it worthwhile to join/participate. Took delivery of my first Anderson, a DTC, in January '04. Just ordered a Classic in LP Blue w/tinted neck, slated for June delivery. (Someone stop me!). Love good gear and Anderson certainly fits the bill. Play in two cover bands when I'm not doing my advertising/publishing stuff during the week in Maryland.

Donk70
04-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Welcome aboard.

Scott Peterson
04-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Welcome!

Stan Malinowski
04-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi Gary! Welcome to the forum! I have a LP Blue Classic with a maple board also, it is a real great player as well as a great looker.

Gary F.
04-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the welome, guys.

Stan, i saw your LP blue classic from your pix. Hope mine looks as good, come June. Glad there's another Carr fan out there, too. I'm not quite as bullish on the Mercury as I am on the imperial and rambler. I use the mercury as my living room amp, but I also use my Fender super champ, which i slightly prefer. Being able to get a reasonably full sound at 2 watts gives me points with my girl, though, and the chime on top offers provides a neat alternative to the fender sound.

Stan Malinowski
04-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I typically use my Mercury on the 1/2 watt setting for home use. I can't remember the last time I played out or even jammed with anyone loud. I also have a 70's Fender Champ which I use as a test bed for tinkering with amp mods.

Gary F.
04-04-2004, 11:18 AM
I have a champ, too, Stan. The super champ, a rivera design from the early 80's, is another animal altogether--20 watts, reverb, 10" speaker. Play one (or just buy it!) if one comes your way. And you do a great job in moderating the forum, too.