PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Bugera amps?

LonestarGtr
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I know they're chinese-made semi-knockoffs and they're not going to replace my boutique gear, but for the money, they sound pretty darn good. I recently got a 6260 to try out because I don't have a really high gain amp and it pretty much nails some 80's tone... makes me want to play Loverboy or early VH. Anyway, didn't know if anyone else has tried those yet?

guitarzan
06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I know they're chinese-made semi-knockoffs and they're not going to replace my boutique gear, but for the money, they sound pretty darn good. I recently got a 6260 to try out because I don't have a really high gain amp and it pretty much nails some 80's tone... makes me want to play Loverboy or early VH. Anyway, didn't know if anyone else has tried those yet?

I hear some Loverboy covers in your future... And that new kid could probably do a pretty mean Mike Reno, no? ;)

Mister T
06-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Paul Dean of Loverboy lives a few blocks from me.

LonestarGtr
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey, isn't everybody Working For The Weekend?? :cool:

But seriously, I always dug Paul Dean's tone, and especially the solo on Turn Me Loose... call it a guilty pleasure.

Harker1440
06-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I play one @ GC last week ( it was a special order for a customer ) no they dont stock them yet. I thought it was a decent Hi gain amp for money especially if you dont have alot , but it was extremely noisy at any useable volume ( harsh crackling sizzle sounds were a constant reminder of the quality )

guitarzan
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I heard one in Northern CA a short while ago. Cool hi-gain tones and the clean was nice.

Loverboy's Get Lucky was my first tape. I walked around with that in my walkman for who knows how long. Of course, I split time between that and the Back to the Future soundtrack. A little Huey Lewis got into my bloodstream as well. Power of Love, anyone?

strat56
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
There's review in the current issue of Guitar Player. They mention the preamp sizzle in the review also. I wonder if that could be low quality preamp tubes that could be replaced?

Mister T
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Word out there is that Brugera amps break if you breathe on them. VERY unreliable.

LonestarGtr
06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
two weeks and counting, but then I don't breathe on mine very often... tick tick tick