PDA

View Full Version : PRS CU-22 10Top Factory Special McCarty Switching trade for right Andy...

trpullen
09-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Links to Pics (http://www.maxwebb.com/PRSWEB/)

I am really looking for a S/S/H super Strat of similar worth to my PRS. I don't want a Floyd Rose or locking nut. I will talk about almost anything else that is high end like PRS. Let's talk

2002 Model. This guitar was purchased new in June, 2002 and has been played mostly at home but has made a few trips to church for practice or Sunday play. I love the feel of this guitar and the tone is second to none…but I have found that I really need the sound of true single coils, especially the combination sounds that a Stratocaster does. This has nice single coil sounds but no middle pickup. This guitar has been played but has been WELL taken care of as are all of my guitars.

The guitar was custom ordered from PRS with the Tobacco Sunburst finish, 10 top flame maple, and a “McCarty Wiring” Scheme which uses the 3-way toggle switch and a push-pull tone knob to give you 6 tones (neck, both, bridge humbucking or neck, both, bridge single coil) instead of the 5 way rotary switching. I found this system to be MUCH more conducive to live play. It is very visually intuitive.

The wide-fat neck carve is very comfortable and easy to play. It feels like a nice, solid piece of wood without being uncomfortable or too large. The guitar has been professionally setup and checked every 6 months or so. The tremolo bridge stays in tune well and the guitar intones well. It plays in tune all the way up.

The case has a couple small marks on it but is in very good condition. You can see from the pictures that there is nothing wrong with the guitar. There are a couple light top-coat scratches from fabric (I only wear cotton shirts) or something gentle...not buckle rash or anything. I am sure a good wax job would take them out. I could not photograph them at all.

Body: Carved maple top - Mahogany back
Option: ten-top flame

Neck: Mahogany - 22 fret - 10 in radius - Rosewood fretboard - Pearl and abalone moon inlays - Wide-fat neck carve

PRS tremolo

14:1 low mass locking tuners

Electronics: Dragon II pickups with covers - Volume and tone control
Option: 3-way toggle pickup selector with push-pull modified coil tap on tone control

trpullen
09-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Anyone?

John Price
09-25-2003, 07:11 PM
You might want to try eBay!! I had great success in selling several of mine... Just a thought. :D

trpullen
09-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks. I will try that again.

I just prefer to trade when I can. Easier. :)

trpullen
10-07-2003, 11:33 AM
SOLD. Thanks for looking.

Stan Malinowski
10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
So now thatt's sold what are we going to buy????:D

trpullen
10-07-2003, 12:42 PM
I looked at a pair of Andersons yesterday. I have found a KILLER Drop Top Classic, Maple on Basswood, pretty much my dream guitar tonewise....but it is VERY GREEN....not talking lack of age either....we are talking Trans. Emerald here. Now I like the color but it just is not me. I am a tobacco sunburst or Desert kind of guy. I prefer the wood tones over the jewel tones.

The guitar keeps calling to me from a tone and feel perspective but I just can't pull the trigger on a green guitar. To paraphrase a Barenaked Ladies tune, "But not a real green guitar...that's cruel". :)

I will keep looking. I am still trying to find a Fender CS Showmaster FMT Set Neck to put my hands on for comparison sake.

pluto
10-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I know what you mean. Green guitars are too "Christmassy" for me.