PDA

View Full Version : FS: Barely used EB MM Luke

Casper
06-17-2008, 12:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-LUKE-Electric-Guitar-Toto-Steve_W0QQitemZ230261907861QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Okay.
That didn't last long.:o
Great guitar, just wasn't comfortable for me. Besides, I was second guessing myself the minute I bought it. We don't do alot of heavy rock and that is what this axe is made for..really. I have listed this axe on e-bay at a fairly decent reserve.
It must have been fate, but my tech/salesman came up with a great deal on this barely used...Hollow ProAm! (details to follow)
Briefly...It is a killer guitar and I am once again in love!
I know I am breaking the rules by not posting pics, but I am working on getting them uploaded. I can't do the photobucket thing at work, so give me time to figure out how to shrink the pic to 100 bytes.
Anyway, I need to fund this recent purchase, so point your friends to the link to help me with my addiction...
A public service message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood ghost.:D
Shaun

tom
06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
i for one am shocked...well not really, i've made several amp purchases that have worked out the same way. trying to resist that happening again right now.

Casper
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Tom,
Funny, I never gave the ProAm much consideration, I always assumed it was you basic model, but this things birth sheet had it retailing for as much or more than a Droptop! the only option I can see is the hollow feature?
(02-27-08p) Its not the most handsome guitar I've owned, but she's got it where it counts! It weighs nothing!
I know what you mean about the amp. I saw Boz Scaggs this past Sunday night here in VA and he was playing a Suhr Badger...got the juices flowing.
Gotta pay for this first though..(wifey doesn't know yet)
Shaun
My new mantra:
"It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

tom
06-17-2008, 01:18 PM
i think the hotter pickups on that one make for a nice combination with the hollow body. the pro am and classic are the same guitar, just without pickguard. hollow makes it the same price as a hollow t classic, still cheaper than a drop top with a fancy top.

Yngve
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Speaking of the LUKE, I really like the smooth tremolo on those but I don't like the look. I would really like a simular tremolo on my project partsocaster, so does anyone know of a tremolo that's as smooth as that one but with a decent look? :D

I now have a Callaham vintage tremolo, and it sounds good and feels tight.

njjessee
06-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Casper - you should never stray far from the fold.

Casper
06-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Tis' true my friend. Only two exceptions over almost 20 years of Andies.
I have literally lost count on how many I have registered. Must be an identity thing. I don't play as well with other guitars...(who does?)
I even feel guilty taking my old Iben-had to rehearsals. My bandmates keep telling me to stick a cardboard A on its headstock:D

Casper
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
My overseas bidder welched on me. I should have known better. I have relisted the Luke on the bay. No reserve, but I won't give it away either, its a smoking axe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-Musicman-LUKE-Electric-Guitar-Toto-Steve_W0QQitemZ230265744815QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m230265744815&_trkparms=72%3A933%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

C'mon guys, tell your friends! Send them this link and help me pay for my new ProAm!
Thanks-Shaun