PDA

View Full Version : Yippeee!

Casper
04-01-2004, 07:36 AM
My tech called me about this a couple of days ago. I picked it up yesterday..
http://www.gatorcases.com/sections/prdct/hp-01.htm

I was going to get the goincase, but this is light, sturdy and has wheels, skidplates and storage compartments. Plus the guitars ride on top of one another separated by sturdy partition, so you don't have to flip it over to get to the other axe.
I was carrying both my Andys in a dual gig bag. (for shame!) It was fairly padded, but one of the zippers bit into my droptop and caused a nasty chip. No more.
I can tow this through long hotel lobbys and let my axes ride in the truck now, plus, its not that bad to carry??!...check it out y'all..
Shaun

Scott Peterson
04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
That is very very very cool. Congrats and thanks for sharing the link...

MikeHil
04-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Casper,

That's really cool. I live in Tampa and have passed by the manufacturer many times. So, getting one will be easy.

The Andys fit so well in the original case. I own a DropTop and a Classic. Also have a 7-string Ibanez - standard strat body but slightly extended headstock.

1. Do you think they (Andys) will fit as comfortably as in the original case and maybe the slightly longer 7-string, and...

2. Are you satisfied with the case construction? Too heavy, too bulky, etc?

I'm 99% positive I'll purchase this. Can you give any personal detailed opinions?

Your comments will dictate whether I purchase it or not.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Casper
04-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey Mike,
The case looks similar to the original Anderson case, or at least a top quality case. The fit on my Droptop and classic is slightly tight from top to bottom, but it will mold quickly. The neat thing is that the guitars ride on top of one another separated by a hard compartment. I can open either side just by popping the latches. I don't have to flip the case to get to the other axe. I like the wheels and the handle. Its heavier (obviously) than a single case, but the actual size (bulk) will suprise you. Its not as big as it looks.

The balance is nice, it can sit vertical even with the wheels! I can carry it loaded, or tow it. it also has skid plates and decent hardware. The one concern is the main handle, which looks like a regular case handle, I would have thought they would have made it bulkier considering the weight of two guitars, but time will tell. I don't know about any other guitars, I know they make a case for two strats or a strat/lespaul. Considering Toms guitars are not as bulky as Strats, I think its a good fit.

This is nice for me since I have to carry a gig bag and flight bag to every gig. Two storage compartments and nice handle replacement. I paid $134.00 at my dealer, which I thought was very reasonable considering the Goincase was $200+.
It was just too convienient to put my valuable axes in a padded bag, I paid the price by damaging my Droptop with the zipper. Ithink this is a great case for people who want two guitars on the gig. Take your axes to the dealer and try it out first..Hope that helps.
Shaun

MikeHil
04-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks Casper,

That definitely helps and I'm going to look into purchasing it. Thanks for the extra information!

Mike

Stan Malinowski
04-04-2004, 08:47 AM
I took my first business trip using my new Incase gig bag. I drove for a seminar up to Boston and took one of my Anderson Classics along for the ride. I was able to fit a few books, and gadgets with plenty of room to spare. Threw it in the back with my luggage and things faired well. I imagine it would hold up pretty well on an airplane in the overhead or the closet (if you can sweetalk the stewardess).