PDA

View Full Version : My New Crowdster!

getgo
03-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Well I'm a new member with a new Anderson. My Crowdster made it today and what a work of art. Beautiful quilt, impeccable detail and what a great neck! The case rocks as well! I can't wait to get home and crank er' up! Heres a photo.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/getgo/Crowdster/Mvc-003f.jpg

Son of Anderson
03-30-2004, 03:06 PM
beautiful. i was furtunate enough to see a couple of crowdsters in action the other night at a David Crowder Band concert. sounded amazing... have fun with your new toy. it is by far my favorite guitar.

getgo
03-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Yep!! I saw Crowder about a month ago and talked to him after the show about the Crowdsters, kind of inspired me to go for it! Still can't wait to crank it up!!

scottiK
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Nice!!!!

We play tons of DCB at church but I still haven't seen them live.

Hey getgo...another Indianer boy!! There IS more than corn in Indiana!

scott

getgo
03-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by scottiK
Nice!!!!

Hey getgo...another Indianer boy!! There IS more than corn in Indiana!

scott

he he he he!! You have to be FROM Indiana to know what that means!!

Son of Anderson
03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Crowder Shows are amazing. i highly suggest going. plus you get to look at good looking guitars while singing along

Scott Peterson
03-30-2004, 11:15 PM
That is an incredible quilt top - congrats! I saw that on GBase. Whew! Nice guitar!!

MikeHil
04-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Are Crowdsters geared towards live / amplified use?

How is the staight acoustic sound. I'm in hte market for a great acoustic and have all the faith in TA - just wondering about plain old acoustic jamming?

I had an amazing sounding Takamine acoustic - loud punchy. I'm not a big Takaminie fan but this thing was incredible. I have yet to find one comparable in tone.

I lost this guitar. Yes lost it - didn't sell it, break it, etc. Lost it.

Thanks,
Mike

Donk70
04-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by getgo
he he he he!! You have to be FROM Indiana to know what that means!!

Naw I know all about Indiana Beach and I'm from Ohio. ;)

BTW, nice guitar!

getgo
04-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by MikeHil

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, they are for pluggin' in and wailin' away. No sound when not plugged in. :)

MikeHil
04-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks getgo.

Keep on Wailin'!

jimmieb
04-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MikeHil

How is the staight acoustic sound. I'm in hte market for a great acoustic and have all the faith in TA - just wondering about plain old acoustic jamming?

I had an amazing sounding Takamine acoustic - loud punchy. I'm not a big Takaminie fan but this thing was incredible. I have yet to find one comparable in tone.

I lost this guitar. Yes lost it - didn't sell it, break it, etc. Lost it.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

As I and many of us have said they are amazing. Not to bag on Takamine, though they are great performance box, they aren't in the same league. The louder they get the better they sound!

Jimmie B

getgo
04-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by jimmieb
Mike,

The louder they get the better they sound!

Jimmie B

Man! Ain't that the truth!

wodka
04-05-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm in the process of specing a Crowdster with Jack Magdon. I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you get an oversized neck? I know the nut is about 1.75 but is the neck the standard TA size?
2. Is there much of a discernable different between alder and mahogany bodies? Cost is a bit of an issue and I know alder is slightly cheaper.

He has two slots open for June so I hope to order this week. I think I'm going with a burnished orange finish. Unless anyone cares to suggest a top.

tom
04-05-2004, 03:49 PM
the standard crowdster is slightly smaller than a +.03 ta std neck. yes you can order oversize any amount you like. the alder has a softer attack, and a bit less articulation. some would say it may be a better strumming guitar and the mahogany a better finger picking guitar. hard to go wrong with either.