PDA

View Full Version : Drop Top praise

joe1962
03-29-2004, 12:00 PM
I recently added a Hollow Drop Top to my guitar collection. It has quickly become my all-around favorite. It's light, resonant, and has a bunch of very nice, usable tones. The neck (62 roundback, 1 5/8) satisfies the vintage nut in me but is faster and sets up better than most vintage necks. To top it all off the wide 3D flame in the tobacco fade color just looks great. I've got a lot of nice guitars, but this one covers so much sonic ground It's now my main player. Now maybe I need to order another one for a backup. Hmmmmm :D

dnewman3
03-29-2004, 01:13 PM
i know what you mean...
my main went from a Nashville tele deluxe...to a 52' re-issue tele with fishman bridge....that was a sweet guitar...loaded it with a JB JR seymour duncan. had awesome tones...

now that ive got my hollow drop top i cant even think about playing anything else.. I will prolly bring it along for back up...
but with the way a baby it...i dont think i will need one.

Sounds crazy...but i even seem to play better with my new anderson...

sounds all better when i play anything from bluegrass to van halen...

takes talent, practice, practice, and one killa guitar....

found the Killa guitar....now i guess i have to find talent and practice...

:)

Dave

Scott Peterson
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I had a 97 Drop Top that was my number one; but sold it in a fit of idiocy. Then I went on a kind of obsessive PRS bender for a long while. :D

I joined a funk band in the fall, needed single coil tones and found my most excellent Hollow Drop Top and it has been #1 since. I just LOVE this guitar.