PDA

View Full Version : Officially took the plunge today.......

Donk70
03-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Just got off the phone with Jack and finalized the specs for my 1st Andy:

Tom Anderson Classic
Ice Blue
Green Guard
Coffee p'up covers and knobs
chrome hardware
Vintage bridge
1 5/8 nut width
Maple fingerboard
TA Regular neck carve
VA series p'ups
Vintage tint on the neck

Jack is also looking into if Tom has a boost available a'la the 12 db boost on the Clapton Strats.

I'm penciled in for June and I'm extremely excited about this guitar. I have always wanted a Andy since I played a friends 6 years ago. My intuition tells me that I will own another one before this one comes in though. :D

joe1962
03-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Sounds like it will be a sweet guitar. I love that color combo. I've got a Grosh in that same color combo. Check out the one in the middle:

My Grosh Guitars (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/joemobile/Images/trio.jpg)

tom
03-29-2004, 11:39 AM
we do ice blue as a pastel, we also do ice blue mettalic. which one are you getting?

Donk70
03-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by tom
we do ice blue as a pastel, we also do ice blue mettalic. which one are you getting?
Pastel, Tom. Do you do a boost for the single coils?

tom
03-29-2004, 12:31 PM
we don't do any active boosts, don't like batteries in there. we do have the VA booster, which is coil taps on all three pickups. it gives you the stock vintage tones, and a switch that takes it up a notch in output and fattness.

Stys
03-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Donk70, you will love the Ice Blue. I have a 'T' Classic in Ice Blue with a mint guard. Totally cool.

Stan Malinowski
03-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a great guitar, I have a Suhr Classic done in Sonic Blue which looks close to Ice Blue, NICE color!