PDA

View Full Version : Dual Source options?

sbruce
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, first...I will admit I don't own a Crowdster +...I just got the Turner Renaissance "deuce" that has a peizo and humbucker. It's basically another take on the C+ concept, but it has 2 1/4" outs instead of a TRS.

OK, here's my dilema. I want to be able to control the blend of both pickups. I purchased a POD x3L as this has dual inputs and would let me blend the two. I only had it a day and one of the switches broke! It seems this is a somewhat common occurance, so I'm a bit nervous to get another one. I found the Fishman PowerBlend pedal talked about here, but I can't find one (it's discontinued) So here's my question...

What can I use so I can get control over the level via footpedal (the volume pots of the Turner are two spread out to work while I'm leading worship)

I loved the idea of the X3 as I could have everything all in one place (much neater) and have presets, etc. But i'm not confident it'll hold up.

How are you guys with C+'s splitting your signal? Are you blending via pedal, or just using your onboard pots? Should I just skip blending and get an A/B/Y switch? Will you sell me your PowerBlend?

So many questions...thanks for helping the new guy out, even if I don't own an Anderson ;)

tom
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
the powerblend has a vol pedal for the acoustic only, you would use the elec vol on the guitar. the crowdster plus in mono has a blend control on it, but it turns into acoustic volume when run stereo. if you run out of the guitar stereo, i believe eb makes a stereo volume/pan pedal, but i have not used one personally.

Pietro
04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
I just answered your PM.

Bottom line: mixer on-stage has worked BEST for me... no contest...

Volume pedals for electric and acoustic... separately...

sbruce
04-25-2008, 11:02 AM
giving some more thought...basically I'm looking a way to send 1 signal to the FOH. I want to control the blend of the two outputs of my guitar, only sending 1 signal (mixed peizo/humbucker)

A mixer would work; but then i can't control the blend while I'm playing.

Any other thoughts? Or I may just be missing something very obvious:o