PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Classic Chamber has a rattle!!

csd
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
On my Hollow Classic, I had it set up recently. My tech does a really great set up, also noticed a pickguard screw was stripped at the bridge location, and went on to try and plug it. Totally forgot about the chamber, and OOPS, lost the plug in the chamber! Ticked off with himself, he told me and ...anyway, smile n' wave, right!??
Is there a way to possibly get into that area from within the underside of the pickguard to get that plug out and get rid of the rattle? I don't want to 'wreck' or 'hack' the thing up, but I would also like that screw to be in its proper place. Any thoughts :D !!

Thanx,

tom
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
i'm guessing it's the top side, cause the bottom side is easily accessible. you could dig a tunnel from the bridge humbucker hole sideways into the cavity then fish it out, then suck out any debris from the surgery.

csd
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
i'm guessing it's the top side, cause the bottom side is easily accessible. you could dig a tunnel from the bridge humbucker hole sideways into the cavity then fish it out, then suck out any debris from the surgery.

Thanx, next time I've got her apart, I'll give it a go.

tom
04-16-2008, 06:22 PM
so it is the bass side cavity?

csd
04-16-2008, 08:11 PM
no, it was the screw that was closest to the trem arm @ the bridge.

tom
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
that should be easy to get out. it's one big chamber down there and the control cavity makes it easy to get into.

csd
04-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanx Tom, I appreciate your direction.