PDA

View Full Version : Good tech in the SF Bay Area

entraind
03-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Hey folks, My Atom Special is in need of a set-up/intonation and I'm wondering who folks would recommend around here?

I know about Real Guitars in SF but I've heard they generally have 3-4 week turnaround time, I'd like to part with my guitar for 3-4 days tops. Anyone have recommendations?

I live on the Peninsula but am willing to travel for someone who comes highly recommended here...

thanks!

enr1co
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
My friend, who is primarily an acoustic player, and I got to talking about electrics one day and I mentioned "Andersons" and he told me about "Benny" who has done great set up work for him ( acoustic and electric) and he also used to work at Anderson? I havent the opportunity to use his services but here is his info:

Benny Rodriquez. His cell number is 925-639-6930. He has a workshop at Guitar Heaven in Pleasant Hill. The store's number is 925-938-5750.

e

markus
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Have you tried Greg Hannig in Redwood City? I used him a few times and was very happy with his work. Plus, his turnaround times are usually 3-5 days. Here are the details:

Hannig's Fretworks Guitar Repair
827 Arguello St, Redwood City, CA 94063-1308
Phone: (650) 366-9080

tom
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
benny rod is the man to see. he was my first real employee, and was here for many years and will always be family. oh yeah, he has great skills too.

enr1co
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
benny rod is the man to see. he was my first real employee, and was here for many years and will always be family. oh yeah, he has great skills too.

I think this qualifies as "highly recommended" :D

entraind
03-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

Hey Markus, Did Greg Hanning do the work he did for you on a guitar with the Buzz Feiten system on it?

I'd love to take my guitar to Benny, although I'm going to need a recommendation from someone a little more reputable than this Tom Anderson character :)

Seriously, it looks like 1 1/2-2 hours driving each way to get the guitar to Benny, so I'm hoping to find someone a little closer. If I ever need major work done I'll definitely use him though.

markus
03-25-2008, 02:10 AM
No, I had him work on a Musicman that I own and used to play a lot (before I got my Andersons) and it's not a Buzz Feiten guitar. I'm not sure if Greg is familiar with it...

entraind
03-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks Markus. Might have to drive out to see Benny after all....

I too had a few guitars that I used to play before I got my first Anderson, I'm on number 5 now :)

bruce
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM

Yeah, he's got great skills, and his dad owns a bitchen set of tools.