PDA

View Full Version : New HDTC in the house!

bhyatt
03-25-2004, 12:35 AM
I picked up my new HDTC at Wildwood this afternoon. I don't know how to begin describing it. This instrument is simply awesome, an amazing work of art. It is dark cherry burst with quilted-maple top, an all-maple neck and H-S-S pickups.

I had spoken with Roy(maybe) a couple of weeks ago, and he gave me a little bit of insight into what the top looked like. The guys at Wildwood also tried to prepare me for what I would find when I opened the case for the first time. Needless to say that I was appropriately blown away. Chuck absolutely NAILED the shading perfectly to make the grain pop out like a hologram. The quilt top is perfectly book-matched and full of life.

Aside from the asthetics, it also plays and sounds as well as you would expect an Andy to play.

I will try to post a pic or two this weekend after I have time to "break it in" a little.

Many, many thanks to Tom, Roy and the whole crew at TAGW for creating the most incredible guitars on the planet - and especially MINE.

Bob

Donk70
03-25-2004, 06:26 AM
Sounds like a great guitar Bob. Wildwood get some great guitars out there and Steve, Bruce, and Lance are great people to deal with. Thanks for sharing.

bhyatt
03-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Donk - they certainly do.

In all the excitement, I failed to mention that it was Steve Mesple' that originally turned me on to Anderson guitars over two years ago. So, thanks to Steve and the guys at Wildwood as well.

It also occured to me that my guitar was born on my son's 15th birthday (03-09-04), and yes, they were both born in the morning. Must be karma!

Scott Peterson
03-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Congrats of the highest order!

bhyatt
03-27-2004, 09:30 PM
I have a couple of digital pictures of the new Andy, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get them posted. I don't have a web site set up. Any easy way to do this?

Bob

Stan Malinowski
03-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Bob,

Does your Internet Provider supply you with a free photo hosting or storage area? If they do load your pictures to that site and copy the url of the picture(s). In your post press the "IMG" button and paste the url address into the dialog box.

Jack Gretz has told me he wants to open up the image gallery for the forum, maybe you should drop him an email and he may be able to post your images there.

bhyatt
03-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks Stan, I think I finally got it.

My new HDTC (http://home.earthlink.net/~rahyatt56/id1.html)

GASMAN
03-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Beautiful bhyatt!!!! Congrats man. Does it have the powerbridge?

bhyatt
03-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Gasman -
It does have the power bridge (so I had to get the Power Blend pedal to go with it). I haven't experimented alot with it, but Ive played around a little and have been able to get a fairly convincing acoustic sound from it. I'm running the Piezo signal into an old Ampeg G-212 solid state amp and it seems to work reasonably well for this application. The magnetics run through my Boogie MK III, and the Stereo effect of the two blended together is very nice.

GASMAN
03-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I started using the peizo system a couple of years ago and find that it's become rather essential to my sound. I love the blended sound. I've found that running the powerbridge to an acoustic amp (I use a Genz Benz Shannondoah) really comes much closer to an acoustic sound. Never had much luck going into a regular amp. I currently have 2 Andersons and 1 Shecter that all have the powerbridge. Works really well for the band I'm in. Enjoy!