PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Monterey CA area?

ToneLounge
03-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I'll be gigging there this coming Sat. and Sun. morning. Great chance to hear the Mini Humbuckers in action...

Brian

Lucidology
12-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Tonelounge... I know this is an old post...but I'm a new forum member from Monterey CA. and was wondering where you gigged while you were here in town last year?

Dave K
12-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Did someone say Monterey? Are you a racing fan? Live close to Laguna Seca?
Have any room for visitors next July? ;)

Lucidology
12-26-2005, 03:27 AM
David K... So Sorry. I live in a little tiny Fisherman's shack just a few blocks up from Cannery Row and simply don't have any room for visitors coming to the Peninsula ... :cool:

However, I will be playing in downtown Monterey Friday and Saturday during the Laguna Seca Race weekend with a great funk/soul band. For the last few years, many of the race car drivers, their pit crews and fans come and party with us. And I mean it's one totally, uninhibited party!! :p

I know it's next summer, but as of right now I plan to be playing my Swamp Ash Hollow Classic through my Bose PAS-1 on those particular nights...

ToneLounge
12-26-2005, 06:05 PM
I played at a cool church (I'll have to look up the name) with a WL named Curt Coffield.

Lucidology
12-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Tonelounge.. you played at Shoreline... right? :)

ToneLounge
12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Yep - that's the one. Fun weekend, indeed!

Dave K
12-30-2005, 01:45 AM
David K... So Sorry. I live in a little tiny Fisherman's shack just a few blocks up from Cannery Row and simply don't have any room for visitors coming to the Peninsula ... :cool:

You know you could probably rent it for $300 a night during the USGP weekend? ;)
The hotels are seriously price gouging. Almost cheaper to go to Europe to see a race.

However, I will be playing in downtown Monterey Friday and Saturday during the Laguna Seca Race weekend with a great funk/soul band. For the last few years, many of the race car drivers, their pit crews and fans come and party with us. And I mean it's one totally, uninhibited party!! :p

We'll be there the weekend of July 21 for the Red Bull US Grand Prix. It's the top motorcycle road racing series in the world- MotoGP. Had a great time this past July. :)

http://roadsnw.com/images/1nicky-vi.jpg

Lucidology
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Dave, I also be playing in downtown Monterey the very same weekend of the Red Bull US Grand Prix (July 21 & 22).

You're right, last year it was incredible how the town was so totally packed during this event.

Maybe you'll get a chance to stop in and say hello... we'll be at a restaurant/nightclub called Cibos. It's has top notch Italian food and really fun dance atmosphere after the dinner's are over.

Ya gotta hear the Hollow Classic through the Bose system... sounds huge!

Ciao, the Joseph

Dave K
12-31-2005, 03:20 AM
Great Italian food and live music? How can ya go wrong? :)
I'll put Cibos on the list and hopefully we can make it. That is if it doesn't take hours in traffic to leave the track again. :(

Dave M.
12-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Great Italian food and live music? How can ya go wrong? :)
I'll put Cibos on the list and hopefully we can make it. That is if it doesn't take hours in traffic to leave the track again. :(

+1 !!!!

Dave K and I (and my son and another bud) had a most excellent time there last year. Getting out of the track was a grind, but I expected that. I'm not sure how getting around town, and down to Cannery Row, was last year. But I can imagine based on past trips. Looks like Cibo is nicely located! :D