PDA

View Full Version : help me...tom...or anyone with baggs set up

dnewman3
03-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Ok, My new best friend arrived today. Great guitar just as I expected it to be. However, I have some questions.

The back knob, and 3 way switch.
i am guessing that the knob is only active when you are in the stereo jack with a stereo plug.

the three way is only active in mono....
up all acoustic...
mid both aco/mag
and down is all mag

and the spliter....
not sure below the volume..

what are the factory settings....seems hotter if i flick it back

and not sure what the pull pot does...havent noticed a change..

thanks for anyhelp you may have.
for those of you needing a pic...i have posted a pic from ebay when i bought it.

dnewman3
03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
ok..i understand the "blower" switch now, along with the series.

still have questions about stereo jack/mono jack with the use of the 3 way toggle and acoustic volume.

dpeterson
03-24-2004, 07:55 AM
well i dont have the same one as you, but the pull pot should add the bridge pickup into any of the 5 way positions, say if you have the neck pickup on, you can pull the knob, and get the bridge pickup and the neck at the same time, this is not possible with just the 5 way alone.

just taking a stab..

dave

GASMAN
03-24-2004, 11:35 AM
As I mentioned earlier--------I used to own an Anderson with the Baggs set-up. The 3-way toggle back by the acoustic volume knob enables you to basically turn the peizo on, turn it off, or blend the acoustic/magnetic sounds together. If I remember correctly----------up was acoustic only, down was magnetic only and the middle position was both sounds.
I think the "blower" switch simply kicks in the rear humbucker----by itself. So you can be playing in any PUP configuration and by flicking that switch------you get instant humbucker tone and of course-----volume increase, say for a lead line.
Looks like a sweet guitar! Congrats! Don't be afriad to ask more questions. Happy to help----if I can.

dnewman3
03-24-2004, 11:47 AM
SO What ive found out so far...

while in stereo mode...the acoustic volume is active...

while in mono...everything runs of off the mag volume.

that is so kewl..

so if you choose not to run to seperate amps...you can still run mono.

What ive been doing...is running my electric trough my podproxt...and then another strait to the board.

so now i will just make a stereo jack with two wireless units attached....one to my rack..and the other strait to the board..

now see...couldn't do that with my fenders...

my poor tele's

thanks to Anderson Guitars!!!

Dave Newman

www.nightedge.com

Roy (maybe)
03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi dnewman3,

I was speaking with Roy and he explained to me that you surly have a B5 set up. For the sake of discussion let’s call “position 1” the neck position. The Push/Pull on the tone control is an Add-Bridge Switch that adds the bridge pickup to the 1 and 2 positions only. The mini-toggle switch is a Master Splitter that works in positions 1-4—allowing you to hit position 5 and have it automatically go to full-power humbucker for soloing at the bridge.

So the 5-Way works like this:

Position 1: Neck (series or split)

Position 1 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Bridge (series or split)

Position 2: Neck + Middle (series or split)

Position 2 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Middle + Bridge (series or split)

Position 3: Middle (series or split)

Position 4: Middle + Bridge (series or split)

Position 5: Bridge (Series [full power] only)

X-Bridge using Mono Jack: The X-Bridge is active in the mono or stereo jack. If you plug into the mono all signals (electric & acoustic) are sent to the amp through one mono cable. The big 3-way toggle switch selects between electric/both/acoustic. You get electric guitar only when the switch is thrown down toward the floor, the middle is both sounds and flipped up toward you is acoustic only. The separate knob acts as a blend control between the two sounds.

X-Bridge using Stereo Jack: This is the preferred way to use the X-Bridge because the sound and flexibility are so much better. A Stereo “Y” cord should have been supplied with the guitar. If you don’t have one, they are easy to find. We used a Rapco. Plug the stereo end of the cord into the Stereo Jack on the guitar. The tip is the acoustic sound and goes to an acoustic amp or PA and the ring plugs into your normal electric guitar set up. The knob is now a volume control for the acoustic sound and the switch works the same—electric/both/acoustic.

Don’t want to wait to get the special “Y” cord? You can plug one mono cord into each jack on the guitar and it will work the same as the stereo set up above. Mono jack is Electric guitar out and Stereo jack is acoustic out.

Most importantly…Have fun and Happy Playing. Thanks for being an Anderson Guitar Player!

Roy (maybe)

dnewman3
03-24-2004, 04:49 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

that helps out alot..

What i was plaining on doing is make a splitter..

stereo jack...going to two mono wires (two seperate wireless units)

so if i do that....i can still use teh volume for the acoustic...and then i can just turn down my mags at their volume..or blend...

would the three way still work then wouldnt it...

i wouldnt have to cut the volume at the mag ...i could just flip the 3 way all the way up to all acoustic...then off again by all teh way down...

is that correct?

now about the blower switch...

guess i was wrong... so the switch only cuts series/parallel
and the pull pot on the tone control adds the bridge correct?

here is the info on my guitar from serial # lookup
Results for Serial Number - 09-14-99P

Price - $3,420.00

Model - Hollow Drop Top Classic
Body Finish - Translucent Black with Binding
Body Wood - Quilted Maple Top on Basswood
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Black Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 5/8 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - '62 Roundback
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - LR Baggs Trem X-Bridge
Pickguard - White Pearloid
Pickups - SA1R SA1 H2+
Switching - 5 Way, Mini Splits 1-4, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

So i guess the "Blower" switch for me is the pull on the tone correct?

(thanks again for all the help)

dave

GASMAN
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
dnewman3----------The B5 switching is alittle different than having an actual "Blower" switch. On your guitar----you simply switch to position 5 to get the full humbucker. The push-pull tone control splits the pickups series/parrallel on the first 4 positions. I could be wrong-----but I do not think you can split the humbucker in the bridge to be single coil only. Hope this helps.

GASMAN
03-24-2004, 07:35 PM
SORRY---MY MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! I'm probably confusing the heck out of you dnewman3. I'm getting confused myself. The push/pull tone control adds the bridge in positions 1 and 2. The mini toggle switch does the series/parrallel thing.
Sorry for the confusion. Re-read Roy (maybe)'s post. That's the best explaination.