PDA

View Full Version : CT on GOTW

csd
02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Ques. for Tom or Roy.
That CT on GOTW, is two different CT's. How does the pup config in the non-charactered maple top (M & H series) sound compared to the 2 M's? I also noticed the binding edge is a thicker scrape. Proto.? Tobacco Fade looks killer on both, or were you trying to be sneaky...!?!!
I'd think they must differ in sonic qualities.

tom
02-24-2008, 04:06 PM
the top is a little thicker on the edge than our other stuff.
the mxh one is mine, because i really like the m1 in the neck. it's as big sounding as i ever need from that position. the other sounds more like what you'd expect from a double humbucker guitar. am home finishing the programming for the third version(you never saw version one) of the ct. it will have some variations you haven't seen yet. should have it together in a couple weeks to go play with.

csd
02-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Sweet.
Sounds like our tastes are similar for neck sounds.
Thanx for your reply so quick.

csd
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey Tom or Roy, any news on the CT worth sharing??!!!

tom
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
played the new one this weekend and loved all the physical feature differences. we tried a radical detour on the bridge pickup and it wasn't to my liking. i think we'll backup a bit and go from there, it was very very close to what i'm after.

bud
03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Did this version get a stop tailpiece... or something else;)

tom
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
this one still had the stop. bigsby has to wait till we get all the sonic stuff finalized. too many changes at one time...bad.

bud
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
this one still had the stop. bigsby has to wait till we get all the sonic stuff finalized. too many changes at one time...bad.

aaahh yes, kind of like installing 5 programs on your computer at once and then wondering which one caused it to not be able to restart. I personally have never done that...:o

csd
03-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Tom, would you have any pics to tease us any further with how it's coming along?!!

tom
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
not just yet.