PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Pyramid Strings??

Paychek
08-30-2003, 01:55 PM
I would like to try other premium srtrings. I have read about, but have not had a chance to try Pyramid strings. I have read that they last 4-10 times longer than a regular string. Are they coated. Thanx for your thoughts.
Mikey
Also where is the best price on the net for pyramids and other brands.
Mikey:rolleyes:

trpullen
09-03-2003, 02:41 PM
I used them on my Rickenbacker 12 string. They are kinda flat-wound....non-coated

malabarmusic
09-12-2003, 12:50 PM
I've started using Pyramid nickel round wounds (.011 gauge) on all my 6-strings. I used D'Addario XL115s for years, but I switched to DR Blues because I liked the nickel wrap better than the nickel-plated steel you see on most brands. I was never totally thrilled with the DRs, so I gave the Pyramids a try. So far so good. The tone is pure and consistent, and the tension is nice and low for an .011 set.

As for being longer lasting, I don't think any round wound string is going to last "4-10" times than another. They are definitely not coated, though the plain strings are supposedly silver-plated rather than just stainless. I like them for tone and feel, not necessarily for longevity.

I get mine from JustStrings.com, which sells them for $10.52 a set. They have great prices on a huge selection (e.g. $3.66 for my old D'Addarios).

- DB

trpullen
09-12-2003, 01:26 PM
The flat wounds last forever....as you would well expect.