PDA

View Full Version : New baby arrived!

mike_TA81
02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I want to thank Tom for the quick responses to my e-mail questions and for delivering the exact guitar I envisioned.

Now for the pics!
http://homepage.mac.com/lifter/TZT/newguit.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lifter/TZT/guitsta.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lifter/TZT/guitgrp.JPG

tom
02-18-2008, 02:44 PM
glad you like it! it's fun to do one that's out of the ordinary too.

Mister T
02-18-2008, 02:45 PM
That is one seriously great looking guitar

SonicGator
02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/lifter/TZT/guitgrp.JPG

Oh man, I've got the same guitar as yours on the far right. Tone for days I tell ya! :D

Actually, my drummer alter-ego takes over when I play Rock Band and I've only used the guitar twice.

mojocaster
02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
wow. Just wow.

dannopelli
02-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Exceptional.

Interesting that you chose a fixed bridge.

pipedwho
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Very nice! That Cobra needs to find its way onto GOTW! :cool:

Kevin
02-18-2008, 10:19 PM
WOW!! I have always hated the color grey/black until now! That is awesome!

theatomicjeff
02-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice = congrats, Mike!

enr1co
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Nice job on the specs- love the black burst! Congrats!

Rupe
02-19-2008, 01:19 AM
I like that one a lot...very "stealth" looking. That black burst finish with black hardware is simply awesome!

wondermoose
02-19-2008, 03:13 AM
I must have a Hollow T in that color. MUST!

mike_TA81
02-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks guys! I've been really enjoying playing this baby.

The feel compared to my Drop Top (5/30/96A) is quite different -- exactly what I wanted. I'm loving the shorter scale length, all the high frets are effortlessly accessible. The neck plays noticeably smoother than my DT which was surprising since I stepped up to 10's -- the strings also feel easier to bend in general, not sure if this is a pure set-up issue or an inherent difference between the guitars. The new two bolt neck joint is so clean, great design choice.

I'm really digging the H3+ -- I wanted something more aggressive than the H2+ in my DT and I got exactly that. The bottom-end is very controlled and tight, no flabbyness at all. I also really like the H1+ in the neck, definitely getting some sounds I couldn't get with the SSH configuration. With that said, all the versatility I could want is there.

I almost feel guilty playing the Cobra so much, like my DT is getting jealous. Hopefully it will understand in the long run ;p.

This was a belated birthday gift from my wife, now I have to figure out how to repay her -- any suggestions?

Thanks again for the comments guys! I'm taking my first medical school board exam at the end of March (USMLE Step 1) so throw me some good luck!

Oh -- and one more picture from the maker of the greatest guitars ever made:
http://homepage.mac.com/lifter/TZT/guitout.JPG

mike_TA81
02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh man, I've got the same guitar as yours on the far right. Tone for days I tell ya! :D

Actually, my drummer alter-ego takes over when I play Rock Band and I've only used the guitar twice.

Haha yeah -- the drums are definitely the way to play that game. I actually have played drums for about 5 years (haven't played in a while recently) so I usually get stuck playing them during our wannabe rock-star nights.

dannopelli
02-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Take her to Santa Fe NM. There is a Spa there called 10,000 Waves. Reserve a private room as EARLY in the day as you can. Sunrise is cool. But do this in the spring cause it is FRIGGIN COLD THERE NOW.

BE SURE TO GET A PRIVATE ROOM!

Get it for two hours, just you and her. BTW all the "rooms" are outdoors.

After your time together, get her a massage or something while you relax.

Then spend the day in town. Go the the Chuck Jones Gallery, or rent some mountain bikes and go riding. Then drive down to Albuquerque. There is a restaurant at the top of a mountain that you take a gondola to. Bring a sweater for her, ans the temperature at the top of the mountain is 15 - 20 degrees cooler. And if you are not good with elevations do not do this cause you might not breathe so well up there. But it is a FABULOUS place and very romantic.

For a gift like that she deserves a romantic weekend she won't forget.

Ecky-Thump
02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Man, your wife is GREAT!

What a present!

Stunning looking geetar - really really nice - love the sleek look!:)

carlfia
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Beauty. I love that trans black. Made 4 days before mine!:)

Eric Pykala
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Yum! I'm not a fan of gray-black, but that's outstanding. Why is a Cobra at the top of my list of guitars I must get...congrats!-Eric

dave
02-21-2008, 08:14 AM
beautiful - hope you have many great hours together!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

pipedwho
03-11-2008, 06:17 AM
That is one great looking guitar! A perfect complement to your Drop Top. Both soundwise and in the way it looks.

I ordered a Cobra S a while back and it just arrived. So, I now have the same combo of guitars as you; a Drop Top and a Cobra S. I don't have any family pics yet, but will soon!

Anyway, I thought this thread deserved a bump for an unusual looking guitar. :)