PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a return to Tom Anderson

carlfia
02-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi from Carl....Long Island , NY.
No stranger to TA guitars, I owned quite a few thu-out the 90's. Each one exceptional.
I'm primarily a Strat guy. I own varius Fenders, as well as a Baker, but for the last year I really was jonesing to get another TA.
I've also been thru all the usual suspects as well in the last decade or so, but had fond memories of my TA's and kept my eyes open.

What I finally bought was this guy. The guitar is a dream...in the tones that it gets, the light weight, as well as it's beauty.
The really cool thing is that right out of the case the trussrod, action, etc....the things I check, were right on to what I set my guitars to, so it KILLS right out of the case. It has surpassed my expectations, and like all gear rats, I'm looking for another!! Maybe a Cobra.

http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/931/1805693/photo1_a22d1.jpg

http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/931/1805693/Photo2_f55f9.jpg

Hollow Drop Top with Koa Top on Basswood body with light shaded edge and binding, Solid Rosewood neck with Rosewood fingerboard, 1&11/16" nut with Heavy frets, gloss headstock, satin back and Even Taper profile, Gold hardware with vintage trem and locking tuners, SF1R, SF1 and H2+ pickups, 5-way switch with mini switch splitter and a pull to add the bridge pickup into the mix. Vintage Voicing is also standard. 6lbs, 12oz

Son of Anderson
02-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the forum! You did good by posting pics!
whats the serial number on that bad boy?

carlfia
02-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum! You did good by posting pics!
whats the serial number on that bad boy?

Thanks!;)
01/22/08 P

akivisuals
02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
She's a beauty! I really love shaded edge Koa topped guitars. I want a Koa topped Crowdster Plus next! :p

carlfia
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
She's a beauty! I really love shaded edge Koa topped guitars. I want a Koa topped Crowdster Plus next! :p

Thanks!
That she is. When I saw the pics, I had to have it!!

tom
02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
welcome back! that's quite a re entry.

carlfia
02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
welcome back! that's quite a re entry.

Thanks Tom!!:)

pipedwho
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
:eek:
That guitar is the ultimate Anderson!

So, what do you think of the SF1 pickups?

carlfia
02-14-2008, 07:28 PM
:eek:
That guitar is the ultimate Anderson!

So, what do you think of the SF1 pickups?

Thanks!
They sound great and what I really like is going from the humbucker to the singles is balanced nice.

I can't wait to record this guitar!

dannopelli
02-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Now that is stunning.

Welcome to the forum!

carlfia
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Now that is stunning.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!:)

Casper
02-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Could there BE any more options on that piece!!!!??:eek:
I know...it's missing being dipped in butter...
That is stunning. Must have broke the bank on that one.
Congrats and welcome back!
Shaun

carlfia
02-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Could there BE any more options on that piece!!!!??:eek:
I know...it's missing being dipped in butter...
That is stunning. Must have broke the bank on that one.
Congrats and welcome back!
Shaun

Thanks! I know. I waited for something special and saw this. Yes! It broke the bank, but it won't break my bad back, as it's soo light!!

The all rosewood neck feels amazing.

thefunkyone
02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Welcome back!!

carlfia
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome back!!

thank you! Nice to be a TA owner again.;)

enr1co
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome back Carl and congrats on the new HDTC-Love that dark rosewood contrast with the natural back!

gotGASbad
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks! I know. I waited for something special and saw this. Yes! It broke the bank, but it won't break my bad back, as it's soo light!!

The all rosewood neck feels amazing.

It looks amazing. I can only imagine how juicy that RW neck feels!
I'm still enjoying the lightness of my HDT. I love it. . . . can't play anything else. How does the Koa/Basswood sound compare to the more usual Maple/Alder combination?
And how much diff do you think the solid RW neck makes to your tone?

carlfia
02-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome back Carl and congrats on the new HDTC-Love that dark rosewood contrast with the natural back!

Thanks, the neck is awesome!

carlfia
02-21-2008, 10:42 AM
It looks amazing. I can only imagine how juicy that RW neck feels!
I'm still enjoying the lightness of my HDT. I love it. . . . can't play anything else. How does the Koa/Basswood sound compare to the more usual Maple/Alder combination?
And how much diff do you think the solid RW neck makes to your tone?

It's been so long since I had my old TA's I couldn't compare.

On the RW neck, again I don't know how different it makes the tone, but the feel is incredible.

For me, this guitar is a one-off. Unique in it's looks and wood, compared to my other guitars.;)