PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumb question... but..

Shannon
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Crowdster/C+ have two bottom strap buttons?

Told you it might be a dumb question, but I really wonder what the reasoning is.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shannon

akivisuals
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Crowdster/C+ have two bottom strap buttons?

Told you it might be a dumb question, but I really wonder what the reasoning is.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shannon

I think all the Andersons have the twin strap buttons. Keeps the guitar from tipping over when standing it up against something. I use the bottom button and it seems to make the guitar hug my body better as well.

Shannon
02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I think all the Andersons have the twin strap buttons. Keeps the guitar from tipping over when standing it up against something. I use the bottom button and it seems to make the guitar hug my body better as well.

How does it keep the guitar from tipping over?

OH, is it because there is no strap button directly on the bottom?

Sorry, I've never actually seen one in person but I am on the HUNT for a Crowdster right now and I just noticed that on one of the pictures here.

I didn't notice the actual location of them, just the fact that there were two.

tom
02-14-2008, 02:14 PM
yes, 2 buttons let it stand up nice when leaning against the amp. (i'm not a guitar stand guy, something else to carry.
the two different buttons do also make it hang differently.

dannopelli
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I think you have to special order with a single button.

Shannon
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow,
TOM?

I cannot believe that the Actual MAN has responded to such a simple (dumb) question from a PROSPECTIVE owner!

I am amazed by your personal approach to Luthiery! (is that the right term?)

I know this may be premature, but I've been doing a ton of research and all roads have been leading to Anderson, but I have a question.

Are you open or willing to build a guitar (or two) with wood that is provided to you by the customer? PRESUMING that it is a good quality INSTRUMENT wood?

I ask because I have found places that offer "billets" of instrument wood for purchase and the thought of having 2 guitars with the IDENTICAL wood tops is really "tasty" to me.

I'm no David Crowder, so obviously I don't get that kind of "exposure"...yet but if the road I'm on continues in the same direction it's been going... that may be different sooner than I thought....Besides lets face it... the majority of his Fans aren't crowdster owners either...Heck I had to SEARCH just to find out what kind of guitar he played... and MAN am I glad I did!

I guess my point is... I'm an unsigned "nobody" right now who wants something a little "special" but am used to getting the "we only do that for people who are A) Already Special or B) Are planning to spend twice as much as they would for the same "over the counter" instrument...
You follow what I'm saying?

Anyway, thanks again for the response...
That really is cool!

Shannon

tom
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
we do not like to use "user supplied wood". "instrument grade" can be very different things to different people. other liabilities are unknown conditioning of said wood and the ramifications of defects showing up after we've got it laminated, or us goofing on wood that's not ours. with all that goes on after we get the wood before it's ready to use, just keeping track of someone else's wood is a lot of hassle.
we do get sister tops fairly regularly since most of the tops come out of a thicker billet. any special request like that would likely also mess with delivery time, something that also makes us crazy. we try really hard to deliver when we say we will. any of you lefties out there can attest to what can happen to delivery time when we are waiting for that special part:o

Shannon
02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
we do not like to use "user supplied wood". "instrument grade" can be very different things to different people. other liabilities are unknown conditioning of said wood and the ramifications of defects showing up after we've got it laminated, or us goofing on wood that's not ours. with all that goes on after we get the wood before it's ready to use, just keeping track of someone else's wood is a lot of hassle.
we do get sister tops fairly regularly since most of the tops come out of a thicker billet. any special request like that would likely also mess with delivery time, something that also makes us crazy. we try really hard to deliver when we say we will. any of you lefties out there can attest to what can happen to delivery time when we are waiting for that special part:o

Understood...

SO, you are saying, though, that it is POSSIBLE to get matching top guitars if the right billet comes along.... right?

I know you're not going to say, but are you planning some more "unique" tops like the KOA or maybe even some other nice tonewoods that are less common. Nothing against Maple.. I love it, but I just think it's neat to have something a little darker (looking) that still has some great tonal quality.

Thanks again!

This is so cool... I'm talking to the dude who builds some of the coolest guitars on the planet!

tom
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
no current plans for other woods. we've done walnut before. most of the darker woods are much harder and don't like to bend much.

mbrown3
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
FWIW, Walnut is my favorite wood for tops, especially on Mahogany. My Atom has it and I LOOOOOOOOVE it!

pipedwho
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
no current plans for other woods. we've done walnut before. most of the darker woods are much harder and don't like to bend much.
What about Tasmanian Blackwood?

tom
02-14-2008, 07:52 PM
most of it that's been offered to me has been fairl;y boring in color, and very much harder than the koa i've used. mostly it's being cut into acoustic sets which will bring a higher $ figure for the seller.

Shannon
02-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Actually, Blackwood was one of the options that I was really hoping for.
For me it's the best of both worlds... dark... and natural wood;)