PDA

View Full Version : CT Atom

OSCAR ZOROASTER
02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Tom, can you give a tone report or are the tweeks still ongoing? What do you expect weights to come to? Has increased thickness changed sustain? Do you have a bias as to PU selection? I believe your bias in the past has been H and M. Looking for a HB based set up now, and the Atom wasn't really on at that list (had been thinking LP clone) but I think I'll hold for some reports as they come available. Time frame for stores?

tom
02-05-2008, 11:08 AM
still tweaking but here's some preliminary stuff.
7.5-8 lbs is where it should be. the first 2 were 7.5, but with a bit of thickness added it could hit 8.
i don't think sustain and weight are critically related. heavier doesn't mean more sustain. it's more of a responce change.
been really enjoying the new alnico humbucker in the bridge position, but played the h2 this weekend just for reference. i love the m1 in the neck, but we sent the double humbucker ct to tim pierce to give it a go and he prefers the 2 hums.

Roy (maybe)
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Hold Everything!

Have you seen the new question and picture of the Atom CT that just appeared in Guitar of the Week? Apparently we have 2 days to figure it out. Who is that guy, any guesses?

csd
02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Nope, but how 'bout a hint!!?

Dave K
02-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Will there be an Atom CT with button controllers in place of strings and frets?;)

sylvanshine
02-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Marcus Henderson, the dude that laid down the tracks for Guitar Hero.

pipedwho
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
That guy is a monster player. If he decides that the Atom CT is -the- guitar, then we can expect the waiting list for all things Anderson to significantly increase. ;)

Roy (maybe)
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Now that was an impressively quick answer. Tell me now, how did you really know so fast? Did you recognize his face or did you see his name in the URL and google it?

Either way, very clever. Yea, he is a good player and very appreciative of the role he has been given to play--important stuff for the up and coming generation of guitar players.

sylvanshine
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I started playing GH with my 12 year old daughter and was curious who did the guitar work. Saw a couple of articles with him and was struck by how much he looked like Shaun White (the snowboarding Flying Tomato).

Sorry it wasn't more suspenseful Roy (Maybe).

BTW, if you had asked who the guy holding the CT above him was, I wouldn't have had a clue.

Roy (maybe)
02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Well now, that is interesting. Don't know who the other guy is, huh. That info is in the text of the original Guitar of the Week.

Stop!!!

Don't read down! Try and guess. Makes the game so much more fun. I will give you one clue, he is from the Lonestar State.

GaryMcT
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
still tweaking but here's some preliminary stuff.
7.5-8 lbs is where it should be. the first 2 were 7.5, but with a bit of thickness added it could hit 8.
i don't think sustain and weight are critically related. heavier doesn't mean more sustain. it's more of a responce change.
been really enjoying the new alnico humbucker in the bridge position, but played the h2 this weekend just for reference. i love the m1 in the neck, but we sent the double humbucker ct to tim pierce to give it a go and he prefers the 2 hums.

I'm happy to hear that it is that heavy! :)

tom
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
it's easy to make it heavier:D

GaryMcT
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
it's easy to make it heavier:D

:)

What's the typical weight on a regular Atom?

Dave K
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Do the new alnico pickups use a traditional design or the larger TAG slugs?

tom
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
no idea, i'll go weigh one....just weighed a not particularly light one and with the tunamatic stop tail it was just over 7 lbs. the wrap around ones were probably 1/4 lb lighter.

tom
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
still the larger slugs. i was going to try smaller slugs, but i'm liking this one so much we may not. we'll see.

Dave K
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
My one TAG wish would be to offer traditional PAF style humbuckers added to the pickup line. ;)

tom
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
you mean traditional looking? or sounding?

pipedwho
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
you mean traditional looking? or sounding?
The HO1-/HO1+ are fantastic traditional sounding humbuckers. So Anderson has that covered. As for looks, IMO, the larger slugs look great.

I really love the large/small match of H series and M series. It looks like the bigger mother 'bucker has had some baby 'buckers. ;)

Dave K
02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Traditional sounding being the most important, but the look doesn't hurt either.

I respectfully disagree about the HO series. I've compared the HO1+ and HO2 in the same guitars with at least ten other PAF type pickups.

santellavision
02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
:)What's the typical weight on a regular Atom?My Hollow Atom is only 6lbs 13oz, and that's even with a Bigsby!

wondermoose
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I do believe Mr. Britt has made an appearance on this week's GOTW!

sylvanshine
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I do believe Mr. Britt has made an appearance on this week's GOTW!
Oh oh I'm in trouble now. Sorry Michael. I'm a turd. :o

I throw myself on the mercy of the court. The Mr. Bill "Ohhh Nooooo" impression threw me I think.

http://www.andersonguitars.com/images/guitarImages/01,26,2008_10-18-05.jpg

http://www.mrbill.com/MBBobbleANM4.gif