PDA

View Full Version : tremolos in general

tom
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
ok, so nobody has played the shape shifter. how about pros and cons of the empress and tap a whirl? i like some features of both but have not been able to try them. any practical experience with either?

kurt1981
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
ok, so nobody has played the shape shifter. how about pros and cons of the empress and tap a whirl? i like some features of both but have not been able to try them. any practical experience with either?
Hey Tom, I know it's not quite what you asked, but the byoc trem is really a great one, sounds very amp like. I did try the empress out and liked it, but couldn't say too much more than that, and it was fairly pricey. The T.C jaurnigg is a great one too, with two settable speeds.
Kurt

Casper
01-30-2008, 07:03 AM
This months Guitar Player (with John Fogerty on the cover)has a whole "shootout"section on Trem Pedals and I read good things about the Shape Shifter. You should grab a copy. I didn;t read all of the articles because I don't use them, but it was a shootout between some boutiques and mods.. FYI

Shaun

tom
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
thanks shaun, i'll dig that up.

kurt1981
01-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey Tom, there's a huge thread on your trem on the gearpage right now, I'm not sure how to paste the link, but it's pretty new on the list of threads on the effects page.
Hope this helps,
Kurt

Rhys
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
i've got a cusack tap-a-whirl and i like it. the tone is transparent. i had a kaden fluttertone that colored the tone in a good way, but the tap-a-whirl doesn't do that.

features are good. the only thing i might add would be a knob to adjust speed--the only way to adjust speed on this is by tapping it in. it's got 24 wave forms which is cool, but i don't use many of them. mostly i only use sine or square. the sequenced sounding waves are very cool, but the band has to pay attention to use them.