PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see/hear the Egnater Rebel?

akivisuals
01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Did anyone get a chance to hear or play the new Egnater Rebel? It sounds like a cool combination of a /13 JRT and a Suhr Badger. For my low volume situation it really sounds like a cool amp. Plus I hear it's only $499. at GC (apparently exclusively there). The ability to choose between EL84 and 6V6 power section is definitely cool. Anyone play it? How does it sound?

mbrown3
01-25-2008, 07:52 PM
No but I'm hearing there's a new module (or maybe more than one?) available for the MOD50...anyone have any info?

tom
01-25-2008, 08:05 PM
played it breifly at the la guit show. certainly worth a try. it has a loop, so the new 2 module extendo preamp could plug right into it. then you'd have a mod 20 in two pieces and 20 lbs lighter.

akivisuals
01-26-2008, 03:46 AM
played it breifly at the la guit show. certainly worth a try. it has a loop, so the new 2 module extendo preamp could plug right into it. then you'd have a mod 20 in two pieces and 20 lbs lighter.

Sounds like a cool option Tom. The sound guys at my church don't let my amps breathe much... How did the amp sound? Was there a significant difference between the 6V6 side and the EL84 side? Do you know what module the standard amp is based on?

tom
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
i only had a few noisey minutes with it so i can't say too much. def a dif with the two sets of tubes, not night and day, but very useable. didn't spend enough time to get a feel for the voicing.

guitarzan
01-26-2008, 11:08 AM
there's a video online somewhere. I'll try to hunt down a link. Its just a handy cam, so the sound isn't great, but it's long enough to make you want one. They're supposedly shipping in March or so. I've got a few with my name on it for a miniature ego rig. My rig will look like my Mod50 gave birth to little Egnaterlets.

guitarzan
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Here's the video. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=46jx-Lb2eYs&feature=related)

The rebel starts at the 6:00 mark, so enjoy the previews before the show.