PDA

View Full Version : shape shifter?

tom
01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
not an amp, but anybody tried the duncan trem pedal? any comparisons to the others out there?

ToneLounge
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM
yeah, this one caught my attention, too. could be cool...

tom
01-28-2008, 03:27 PM
nobody????

tom
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
bought one anyway...thanks a lot:p
it does what they say and so far sounds nice and is not as giant as i thought it was going to be.

ToneLounge
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Does it play nicely with others? Pedal Power friendly?

tom
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
have only plugged it in with a regular wall wart and it was fine. i'm going to wire up a small board tonight with a one spot so i should know how it does in a day or so. one glitch, the tap switch does make a mechanical click which seems bad. was thinking if a like it i would put a 1/4 jack in for a tap tempo so the pedal could live near the back of the board.

Ray K.
02-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Good for you Tom. Now you can review it for the rest of us. ;)

I've been putting off adding a tremolo pedal. I'm not sure if I need all the bells and whistles the SS has or if I want to go simple. I would think Tap Tempo would be handy though.

Ray K.

tom
02-08-2008, 03:08 PM
it certainly has lots of options, which does make you work for what you're after a little more. i've stumbled on some fun stuff just by messin' with it.

kurt1981
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey Tom, can it do the fender trem thing, or is it more choppy? I'm really wanting a trem pedal, but the rambler has some good on-board trem. It doesn't get really strong or fast, but it adds some nice ambience.

tom
02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
it seems to do both kinds of fender trem pretty nice. it can also do the choppy thing. it can go really fast and really slow and the depth can go crazy strong or as subtle as you want. feature wise it does have it all, i haven't been able to listen for tone yet as my amp at home is pathetic...i know, i have way too many nice amps at the shop so why do i have a pathetic amp at home? i really never play electric at home and my wife is not fond of "gear all over the place".
the rambler does have a very nice trem.

theatomicjeff
02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
...and my wife is not fond of "gear all over the place".
Don't worry, you're normal.

kurt1981
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys, now I may have to plunk down the cash. I'm so lucky to have a supportive girl, she has never said a word about my excessive gear shopping. Now, if and when we do get married, I have a sneaky suspicion things may shift a bit, pun not intended,
Thanks,
Kurt