PDA

View Full Version : My New Anderson!!!

dnewman3
03-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Just bought my first anderson. Ive played fenders forever...
i sent an email from the website (TA webiste) I cant wait tell it gets here.

I was wondering if anyone knew how the Acoutic bridge is set up. Is it running though a stereo jack, or separate all together.

guitar looks kick __s I think i found my last guitar.

also ...new to the board..

Dave

Results for Serial Number - 09-14-99P

Price - $3,420.00

Model - Hollow Drop Top Classic
Body Finish - Translucent Black with Binding
Body Wood - Quilted Maple Top on Basswood
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Black Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 5/8 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - '62 Roundback
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - LR Baggs Trem X-Bridge
Pickguard - White Pearloid
Pickups - SA1R SA1 H2+ (H2+ switched to H3+ by previous owner)
Switching - 5 Way, Mini Splits 1-4, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

SteveK
03-20-2004, 03:59 AM
Congrats on the beautiful guitar, and welcome to the club!!!:D

dnewman3
03-20-2004, 09:31 AM
thanks....i cant wait for it to get here...
i have practice on sunday and really wanted it here by then...guess i gots to wait.

GASMAN
03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Congrats dnewman3. You're going to love it and before you know it--------you'll be craving another Anderson. At one time I owned a Hollow T with the X-Bridge. Mine had 2 output jacks. One was stereo, the other regular. I ran a stereo cable out of the guitar , that Y'd so I could send the magnetic sound to my Bassman and the acoustic sound to my Genz Benz. The Baggs system also has the volume control for the acoustic sound on the guitar. My two Andersons have the Fishman set-up now which I like just as well. I use the piezo sound ALOT. Plus, I love blending the two. My biggest advice would be to run the acoustic sound to an "acoustic amp". Going into a regular amp will not sound very acoustic-like, at least to my ears.
Have fun!! Enjoy!! Start dreaming about your next one.

Stan Malinowski
03-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Nice, VERY nice. :D

Scott Peterson
03-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Congrats man!!

John Price
03-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Sounds like one killer Anderson!!

All the best to you!!

;)

MikeHil
03-20-2004, 07:03 PM
I'd like to second GASMAN's comments:

You didn't just find your last guitar, you found your first Anderson!

Like you, I finally rewarded myself with an Anderson. Then, I was such a good boy, I rewarded myself again.

And since life seems easier when you're rewarded for your efforts, I think I shall be awarded continuosly throught my life and I'm planning #3 right now.

Congratulations - the guitar is killer.

Mike

dnewman3
03-20-2004, 07:46 PM
One thing i am curious about... if this guy doesnt sent a manual with the guitar, is there anyway i cna get one from the company?

the tech stuff like the mini switch's and which one does what...what jack is what.

Guitar got shipped today....COM'ON TUESDAY!!!

:D

dannopelli
03-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Beautiful! Welcome to the club!

GASMAN
03-21-2004, 01:43 AM
dnewman3-------You'll get plenty of help from us if you have any questions. Also, email Anderson. You'll probably get a response from the man himself! Cool company ---huh?

dnewman3
03-22-2004, 08:24 AM
i looked up the lead guitarists' guitar last night....he paid like 2400 for his ...i was suprised that mine was 3420

is that about he average price for an anderson?

(still tracking mine on UPS....so you think if i go there and demand they put it in my hands now it would work?)

getting anxious. can you tell??

Stan Malinowski
03-22-2004, 08:32 AM
One thing i am curious about... if this guy doesnt sent a manual with the guitar, is there anyway i cna get one from the company?

Information about using the pickup switching schemes (and lot of other useful tech info) can be found in the "Technical Stuff" section on the Anderson Website.