PDA

View Full Version : Cobra S with Piezo

Gerry Cooper
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Greenplums/CobraSControls2.jpg

Whilst waiting for delivery can you please explain the functions of the controls. I am assuming that :-

A Is volume
B Is five way switching for Humbuckers.
C Is tone also pull out for split.
D Is volume for the piezo
E ?

:confused: I know its dangerous to assume anything LOL

Lastly can I still access the piezo using the mono jack socket. If these questions seem a bit dim I have never owned a guitar with a piezo let alone two jack sockets:eek: Hence the desire to have some idea of what's what before it arrives.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

tom
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
E is acoustic/ both/ electric.
in mono mode, D becomes blend between ac and el and both go out the mono jack.
tone pull pot splits both in position 3 on the 5way. 2 and 4 are individual splits.

Pietro
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
But don't run in mono... Run in stereo, it's WAY cooler!

Gerry Cooper
01-10-2008, 05:36 PM
E is acoustic/ both/ electric.
in mono mode, D becomes blend between ac and el and both go out the mono jack.
tone pull pot splits both in position 3 on the 5way. 2 and 4 are individual splits.

Thanks Tom appreciate your help.

Gerry Cooper
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
But don't run in mono... Run in stereo, it's WAY cooler!

Thanks Pietro I play my guitars through Vox Tonelab LE which has only one input. Sorry if I am being a bit slow here but does a stereo cable work like a Y. As in two jacks plugs one end and a single at the other or would I have to run two leads into two different inputs say one into the Vox and the other into an Amp or directly into a soundcard when recording?

Gerry Cooper
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Question answered the guitar has arrived in absolutely mint condition and it included documentation, tools and yes the stereo lead.

Excuse me while I go and play with my new arrival as it looks and feels absolutely brilliant, I just need to plug it in and investigate the tone. Christmas came a little late but it came:D