PDA

View Full Version : Message for Tom/Please describe SF tone!

Kid Metric
12-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I am curious to know what kind of wonderful surprise you have for us with the SF pickup's.
Input is welcome!
I saw Wildwood Guitars has a Drop Top in stock-gorgeous!
Thanks!

enr1co
12-30-2007, 12:20 PM
As always, nobody expresses it better that Roy- just love his writing prose!

Im sure this is why Tom pays him the big bucks ;)

...and I thinks I need another slice of holiday pie :)

Look closely at the single coil-sized pickups—notice anything? Well you shouldn’t because visually they are identical to our SA and SD-Series pickups. However, if you could move within, to their very core, you would find them to be distinctive—to say the least. But in this case, what is important is not what they are like on the inside; what is important is how they sound as they project their inner essence outward.

These are the new SF-series pickups. Quite a quiet hum-canceling single coil-size sonic departure, they sing with the voice of angels—sweet and soft sparkling highs and robustly, rich lows. If we were able to sit together and compare back to back with the SA-series pickups, the variation would be marked. Both have a resonant frequency that emphasizes single coil fullness and potency. But the difference is easily heard with the first strum, as the SFs surround you with a vintage-like sweetness and sooth with finesse not heard before from a hum-canceling design.

Need more?

Using holiday pies as an illustrative simile, the SF pickups are like being hit square in the face with a delicious cream pie—so yummy and smooth—even the initial pick (pie) attack and the resounding resonance is cushioned. The SA-series, on the other hand, are like taking a full face shot from pecan pastry—big and direct—yummy but firm—nice initial softness on impact but bold in its delivery of highs as you can feel the pan beneath the sugary filling. As we said: quite a quiet (hum-canceling) difference.

SFs abound with vintage sweetness that will fill your heart with music and your soul with life. For most players, SFs will correspond to the maple top of a Drop Top in a more pleasing manner. We recommend running them in series (hum-canceling mode) for the true essence to come forth. As with any stack design (vertical humbucking pickup) do not be fooled by the volume increase as the bottom coil is disable in split mode, simply adjust your gain accordingly on your amp and enjoy the best that hum-canceling single coil-sized pickups have to offer.