PDA

View Full Version : bummer... we lost a good one

mr. j
12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

:(

I'm from the 70's and 80's eras....:eek:
playing in cover bands mainly the decade of the 80's I learned everything from Whitesnake & Ratt to Kenny Loggins, The Police & REM believe it or not...

Dan Fogelberg will be missed as he was right there on AOR radio.

Not good. People from my era passing away.... mortality looms on the horizon... but whadda ya gonna do... except be ready.;)

Pietro
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I was a HUGE Fogelberg fan in the 70s. He will indeed be missed.

But...

The mortality rate among humans is hovering darn close to 100%. There was that one guy...

Janine Doubly
12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
My parents took me to see Dan Fogelberg at the height of his popularity in 1980. He played Kemper Arena (about 16,000 seats) SOLO...just acoustic guitar and piano. He told stories and how some of his songs were influenced, including a hilarious story about trying to find a word that rhymed with "consumed" (for "Make Love Stay") and all he could work into the song was "exhumed". :D I passively liked his music (even when my burgeoning hormones were screaming for Van Halen and Iron Maiden), but after the concert I (secretly) held a soft spot in my heart for his music. Still do. He will be missed. I think I still have a 45 of "The Power of Gold" (with Tim Weisberg)lying around somewhere...