PDA

View Full Version : gotta see this wood....

mr. j
12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
the first Anderson I ever saw was of a used drop top H-S-H in an ad in some catalog back in the day (late 80's:eek: ) where music stores would put their used gear in (can't remember what it was called but it was nationwide) and the picture this one store had was a heart stopper... and it had lacewood...
any memorable lacewood pieces come out of the factory Tom?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Custom-Shop-tele-Collectable-Exotic-wood-top_W0QQitemZ120195363665QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33038Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tom
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
we did have some really nice ones back in the day. the lighter weight stuff sounded real good, but the heavier stuff was not so nice. as it became harder and harder to get the light stuff we gave up on it. it also can be prone to lots of unusable defected wood, making the cost skyrocket.
when it's quartered you get the snakeskin look like that guitar. when it gets closer to slab sawn, the little patches stretch out and get really crazy looking.

Pietro
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Tom,

I only played one of the Lacewood guitars you made. I really thought it was beautiful, but boy, it just didn't have the "vibe" of the Drop Tops and Pro Ams at the time. You made the right decision to stop making them I guess.

I love that you're not afraid to try new things, and more to the point, not afraid to say "Okay, time to stop... it ain't workin'..."

Hope you're having a great day!

Mister T
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I think its pretty gaudy