PDA

View Full Version : the Tim.

olectric
12-03-2007, 01:21 AM
just picked up my Tim pedal yesterday. my first impression was--holy cow, this thing is tall! seriously, it's taller than every other pedal i own. anyway, i plugged it in, and let me tell you, it is awesome. a definite keeper for sure. really amp-like, highly tweakable, sounds unlike any other pedal i've used.

paul (the builder) explained to me how to really use the EQ section: the bass and treble controls are backwards--they roll off bass and treble frequencies. at zero, the EQ is flat. the interesting thing is how he put the bass control before the distortion circuit and the treble control after. this makes it extremely versatile (a lot more so than just having standard bass and treble knobs), and it won't have the ubiquitous mid-hump if you don't want it to.

the boost is awesome, too--has it's own tone knob sticking out of the back of the pedal for more tweakability.

lots of options, and all of them sound great!

any other Tim fans around here besides myself and LonestarGtr?

Cotton
12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I had an old TIM, used it for years... Now the smaller TIMMY sits on the board and gooses a lot of other pedals just fine... take care!

Cotton