PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New TAG

Alan
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone. I am completely new to the forum and a new TAG owner.

I recently purchased a “Hollow Drop Top Classic.” The color is “Fire with binding.” It really is a fantastic looking guitar. The pickups are; SA2R, SA2, and H2+. I would send photos but I don’t know how to post them.

When I was much younger, back in the sixties, I had a Gretsch 6120 that was stolen in New York. Ever since then, I’ve always wanted another 6120. So after selling one of my acoustics, I decided to do just that.

I went to the local shop and started playing Gretsch’s. I finally found the one that I thought sounded pretty good and started negotiating the price. Then I remembered that about a year earlier I played one of the Tom Anderson’s that was in the shop and it impressed me so much that I never really forgot about it. So just to be sure, I asked to play an Anderson. There were two in the store. Well, to make a long story short, that was it. I fully understand that Gretsch’s and Andersons are apples and oranges, but the TAG was so impressive and flexible, that there was simply nothing else to consider.

I’ve now had the guitar for nearly two weeks and I can say that this is simply the best solid body electric I have ever played. And I say this for several reasons. The fit and finish are absolutely flawless, and the attention to detail all over this instrument is astounding. The playability is excellent, and then there’s the sound. I cannot believe how good these pickups sound, and how much flexibility there is. This guitar is “everything and much more” that a strat should be.

Congratulations to Tom and everyone at Anderson’s for such wonderful guitars. I hope to enjoy this one for many years.

Maybe someday I’ll buy that 6120, but for now, I am completely and totally happy with the decision that I made.

Alan

SonicGator
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the world of TAG. You'll soon discover that our very own Tom Anderson is famous beyond guitars...

1. He's the maker of some of the finest guitars out there.
2. In his spare time, he started the whole MySpace phenomenon.
3. His name is Thomas A. Anderson, aka Neo, The One from the Matrix series

Seriously, welcome to the forum. If you want to post pics, you can create a free account at photobucket.com and link to those pics here.

LearnedHand
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Because you are interested in a Gretsch. May I suggest to you to consider this Gretsch-killer at Washington Music Center.
http://www.washingtonmusic.com/inv.asp?d=guitars&sd=electric&b=Tom%20Anderson&n=1972

thefunkyone
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum fellow drop top owner!!

dannopelli
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Welcome sir!

Pietro
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Good to have you here...

HOWEVER!

WE MUST SEE PICS! We're weird that way.

Road King
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome fellow drop top, fire with binding brother. Mine is a Hollow Drop Top T with quilted maple and the finest guitar I have ever played. I get tons of compliments on the finish, my favorite of which is "man, when look at that guitar from a few feet away it looks like its on fire". Go figure.

Brad

allicio
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
welcome aboard alan, I have to agree with you, tag are simply the finest guitars ever made! but what amazed me was the back up service, I've never bought anything in my life that comes with this leval of service whatever you need to know or want to ask either tom or one of the other kind people will get back to you straight away. the whole service is superb. anyway I'm off to get some tissues now after all that gushing!

marsodude
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Yep, Welcome! Pics?

Alan
12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Sonic Gator. I took your advice and opened an account with Photobucket. I have no idea if this will work, however, I am hopeful. Here's the link to some photos of my new TAG. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with this guitar.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh245/hdtc/

Would someone please tell me if the link is properly working?

Alan

tom
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
welcome alan,
if you copy and paste the bottom link, the img one into the text, the photo will show in the post.

SonicGator
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Sweet guitar. Now, just wait till we start asking for sound clips ;)

G-Man
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Congrats, and welcome to the forum :)

marsodude
12-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Sweeeeeeet!