PDA

View Full Version : Speaker suggestions

Road King
11-24-2007, 11:23 PM
I have this very annoying metallic buzz in the stock speaker in my Mesa. I,m going to replace it with something different than stock to try for a more versitile tone. I play in two different worship bands now so you guys that have those gigs know the need for versitility. The Eminance Red White and Blues sounds interesting. Any suggestions?

Brad

dannopelli
11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
What kind of Mesa?

Road King
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Mesa Rectoverb combo, 50 watts, 1-12" speaker. I need some decent clean tones, pedal driven od's and full sounding lead tones.

crash
11-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I have this very annoying metallic buzz in the stock speaker in my Mesa. I,m going to replace it with something different than stock to try for a more versitile tone. I play in two different worship bands now so you guys that have those gigs know the need for versitility. The Eminance Red White and Blues sounds interesting. Any suggestions?

Brad
I replaced the 2 stock Eminence 'Fender Special Design' speakers in my amp and put in a Weber 12F150 and an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Both are great and were a tremendous improvement.

I think there are a few other C-Rex fans on here as well.

kurt1981
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, it depends on your preference, lots of the more rock based players love the v30's in boogies of all sorts. I liked the wizard a lot though, very full range speaker. Steve Carr is using them now in all his amps, and they sound great, not too brittle and not too honky.
Kurt

dannopelli
11-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Vintage 30 would be what I would use. Put one in my F30 and made it finally not sound like razor blades on glass. Actually is a decent little amp now. Vintage 30's are in my Maz 1x12 and my Z Best 1x12 cabinet too.

But remember it is a 60W speaker in a 50W amp. So you will sacrifice some high volume head room if you push the amp hard. Might want to consider a 1x12 extension for high volume applications.