PDA

View Full Version : Neck carve question

-CM-
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
A guitar I had made for me by Carvin didn't work out, so I find myself in the market again, even though I said I was through buying guitars. I very much like the quality of my TAG T Classic that I'm looking at getting another one, and I've found a Hollow Drop Top I'm interested in.

My questions are, what does +.030 Carve mean? How would the neck carve compare to the Smaller V carve of my T Classic? If it compares to PRS carves, I have W/T, W/F, and regular D.

Thanks.

tom
03-13-2004, 09:06 PM
the +.030 means it is .030" deeper all the way around than our ta std. your small V is .050 deeper than the standard, and also has the shoulders V'd. keep in mind that your small V is a 1 5/8" width. you didn't mention what width your +.030 is. i think our 1 11/16"+.030 is very close to the wide thin prs, but i'll have to check.

-CM-
03-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the response, Tom. The width I was talking about is 1 11/16. My rough caliper measurements between the T Classic and one of my PRS with a W/T indicates that a +.03 will be slightly deeper than the W/T, which is fine. Thinner would not be a good thing for me.

OK, so that's it - I'm getting another TA guitar.

Stan Malinowski
03-14-2004, 10:20 AM
OK, so that's it - I'm getting another TA guitar

Now let the waiting begin!!!!!