PDA

View Full Version : Fender Hipshot Tremsetter Kit

trikim
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Anyone has any experience with the Fender Hipshot Tremsetter Kit? I have a TA DT with a floating Floyd Rose and my band plays a variety of cover songs with a drop D tune. I want to use my TA for some of these songs and the Tremsetter seems to be the best option to go back and forward between E and drop D without compromising and/or detuning the rest of the strings. Any thoughts?

tom
11-13-2007, 10:59 PM
i just set mine on the body with just enough spring pressure to keep it down. that way the arm still feels soft enough. if you must have it float, the tremel no looks to be pretty well done. it might be a little fussy to lock and unlock live, but i think it can be dealt with and it would ruin the feel of the floating trem when it is disengaged.

pipedwho
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
i just set mine on the body with just enough spring pressure to keep it down. that way the arm still feels soft enough. if you must have it float, the tremel no looks to be pretty well done. it might be a little fussy to lock and unlock live, but i think it can be dealt with and it would ruin the feel of the floating trem when it is disengaged.
Are you saying that the Tremel-no would be detrimental to the feel of the Floyd in float mode?

Also, how do you set a Floyd to sit on the body - do you have a special shim for this?

I was thinking about getting the Tremel-no, mainly to help with retuning and locking the guitar for when I want to do double stop bends (ie. when playing without any whammy action). But, if it is going to ruin the feel of the guitar when it's disengaged, maybe it's not such a good idea.

trikim
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
From what I can gather the Tremel-no is a bit different from the Tremsetter. The basic principle is the same but I think the Tremsetter is the best choice... for me (this stament might change once I get mine). I been reading different opinions on it, but I guess that at the end is whatever you feel more comfortable with. I don't have much experience with these type of gadgets, so its a bit of a learning process for me. I think I'll try the Tremsetter on my Jackson first and see how it works and will go from there. I don't really want to start messing around with my TA.

tom
11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
sorry, missed the fact that it was a floyd. the tremel no will not affect the feel when it is in the float mode, and will probably do a better job for double stops. the tremsetter will definitely affect the feel .

GaryMcT
11-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I agree that if you absolutely must have a floating trem, the tremol-no is a god-send. I have a guitar with a floating trem that I want to float about 5% of the time. . it's really easy to switch from floating to locked, and it doesn't affect the feel at all floating if set up properly.

trikim
11-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Just finished watching set-up and performance videos of these two systems on YouTube. I guess the tremol-no has more options (floating, hard tail and dive). The tremsetter only has the one option, which is similar to the dive option of the tremol-no but with the tremsetter you can still pull on the tremolo. I still think the tremsetter is what I am looking for. I get mine tremsetter this weekend so I'll let you guys know how it works.