PDA

View Full Version : New Taylor Solid Body

Ecky-Thump
11-10-2007, 04:28 PM
...looks to me like they got their inspiration from a certain TAG Atom;)

Looks OK from what I've seen but just doesn't seem to flow visually as well as an Atom.

I'm hoping to get my hands on my first TAG in the New Year!

tom
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
in all fairness, the atom and crowdster came from one of my favorite acoustic shapes the larrivee LV. they are shrunken and stretched, but that's where the inspiration came from.

SonicGator
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM
So, I was able to play all 3 models of the new Taylor Solid-Body yesterday. I don't know the model names, but will do my best.

1. Base Model - Pearl white, pickguard, Taylor Mini-Humbuckers, Swamp Ash, Maple/Rosewood Neck
2. Standard - Maple Top/Mahogany Body, Mahogany/Ebony Neck, Taylor Humbuckers
3. Custom - Walnut Top/Mahogany Body, Mahogany/Ebony Neck, Taylor Mini-Humbuckers

Guitars were played through a Fender Vibroking and Ark Amps Organic Model.

They are extremely well built guitars as you would expect. What really stood out to me was how bright these guitars sounded. It's almost as if the pickups are piezo's because they really cut through the mix. I was expecting the Standard with the Humbuckers and Les Paul type wood configuration to have a darker tone, but those pickups reminded me of the T5.

Overall, I liked the guitars better with a clean tone than with an overdriven/lead sound. I thought that each of them reminded me more of a Tele than a Les Paul.