PDA

View Full Version : Switcheroo

DownByLaw
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

New here, but have been lurking for some time. Managed to score a switcheroo system to go with a HO+ in a SSH config in my strat. Roy has been very helpful, and my installation was successful, but I'm wondering if I am hooked up correctly. The bucker was straightforward, but I'm mixing it with Suhr LPs. Roy had instructed me to hook the Suhr hot to the red on the switch. Does this let the singles see 250k? I ask because my singes have become very bright and strident after the install. Should the Suhrs be hooked to the green or white contact instead? In addtion, I guess the series/parallel switches have no effect on my singles, correct?

Thanks,
Patrick

tom
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
a couple questions.
the suhrs may be out of phase with ours. when we hooked up his ssc backplate we had to reverse the phase. if that's the case, you'll have to flip the wires if it sounds all nasel with the split humbucker.
all switcheroos don't have vintage voicing on them. look for a 330k resister, that's org,org,yell. if it's not there it can be added. and it should be engaged whenever the singles are on.
the hot would go to the R terminal and the slide switch will have no effect. if you put it on the white as well, and put the slide switch to parallel, the pu will be on in up and down positions. better to have one off instead of 2.

DownByLaw
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Tom,

Thanks for your response. I'll have to open it up again to look for the resistor and check the phase. Right now the singles are operating on/off/on on the switches, so I guess that part is correct.

Thanks again,
Patrick

tom
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
i'm a dope, you don't need to jump the red and white to have in work in both positions:o