PDA

View Full Version : Vox AC15H1TV

santellavision
09-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Just bought one of the new, Heritage Series, hand-wired Vox AC15's. (Not the AC15CC) All I can say is wow! It plain smokes. I've owned two Matchelss DC-30's, a couple of different DrZ's and a some other boutique EL84 heads. They were all great amps, But, this amp is just magic. Every tone is great. Lots of ways to change the tone with 2 completely different pre-amps (12AX7 & EF86) 15 watts is plenty loud to gig with. And you should hear it with a larger cab. I've got an Avatar 2x12 with Vintage 30 & Tone Tubby Alnico. Huge.

If you haven't heard one yet, find one.

Stys
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I laid down some tracks for a wonderful singer and we used the Heritage Vox. I NEVER played through a Vox before until this gig and I was really, really pleased with the tones from this amp. I used my 'T' Classic (alder) and every track was punchy and clear. I'm a loyal Boogie user but after playing this amp....well, my wife said it best; "Aw, man, not another amp. Does it ever end with you?"

santellavision
09-24-2007, 12:34 AM
My wife said about the same thing! She added that it looked very retro. (Not sure if that is cool or not?) I wish they went with the 60's cabinet and not the 50's style. Oh well, I still dig it.