PDA

View Full Version : TD in the bridge and TV in the neck?

GaryMcT
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I love the sound of the TD3+ in the bridge on my hollow T. I also love the TD1-, but I've heard a couple of similar hollow T's that sound a bit "sweeter" with a TV in the neck. I have my pickups wired so that they are always split. . would a TV in the neck work well with a TD3+ in the bridge? (I have a VA1 in the middle also.)

bruce
09-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Gary, I had that combo in my Anderson T Classic for a long time. Mine was a TV1 in the neck and a TD3 in the bridge. I only took out the TV1 to try a VA1 in the neck pos.

A cool mod is to remove the chrome cover on the TV1. Sounds amazing without it! Ends up looking like a mini VA1 sans cover. Don't try this at home kids.

GaryMcT
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Cool. I think I'll have to give this a try. I think I'm slowly converging on:

TV1 - neck (TD1- currently)
VA1 - middle
TD3+ - bridge

4-way switch with:
position 1 (towards headstock): neck
position 2: neck(split) + bridge(split) all in parallel
position 3: middle + bridge(split) all in parallel
position 4: bridge (split)

I currently have a 5-way in there, but I want it to be a bit simpler, and I don't use the neck+middle combo much on the hollow T. Middle+bridge is heavenly though. :)

Yngve
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
A cool mod is to remove the chrome cover on the TV1. Sounds amazing without it! Ends up looking like a mini VA1 sans cover. Don't try this at home kids.
Did that awhile ago, and it worked and sounded nice. After sucessfully removing (and re-installing) the cover on the TV1, I went on to remove the cover on one of my Fralins only to destroy the pickup. I didn't know that it was waxed inside :o