PDA

View Full Version : Fishman Power Bridge

Leejames59
09-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I just picked up a TA Classic Strat ser# 11-06-00P.

Can anyone tell me how the pickups and 5 way are configured? I can't seem to figure out when the Power Bridge is engaged.
How does the pull up tone knob figure in to it?

Model - Classic
Body Finish - 3 Color Burst
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Satin Finish, Tinted Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo Fishman Power Bridge
Pickguard - White Pearloid
Pickups - VA1 VA1R VA12
Switching - 5 Way, Pull Adds Neck, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

Thanks,
Jim

tmihm
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Guys...please correct me if I'm wrong - but I think you will need to use a pedal of some sort (Fishman Powerblend - but they don't make those anymore...but there are others) to engage the piezo. It's not setup with any guitar controls. I have two with Fishman bridges and that's the way they both are.

...and I believe that when you pull the tone knob 'up' it activates the bridge pup, so you can run the neck and bridge together.

But there are lots of experts here who know more than I do. Come to think of it, I guess there's a lot of people everywhere that know more than me about everything! :D

Terry

bruce
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Jim,

Going by your original spec sheet that you printed above and assuming the guitar hasn't been altered since it was built,

-5-way switching.. simple old-school

-Pulling up on the tone pot turns on the neck pick up when the 5 way is in positions 5 and/or 4..(bridge or bridge/middle)

To activate the Fishman you would need a stereo cable. The guitar's jack is stereo. The ring portion is the hot for the Fishman. From there you can plug into any source you like for the acoustic sound/signal.