PDA

View Full Version : TAG clinic

JohnnyBeck
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey... so after reading on the amps page about an egnater/tag clinic thing I started thinking (look out).

Have you guys ever done a TAG clinic like that? Guitar care, set up, how to play (just kidding on that one). Maybe you could demo different types of woods to show the differences in tone and all. You could show hollow vs solid, etc. too.

Just a thought. Maybe you've done this before and I missed it. Let me know.

johnny

stratoquack
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Where are you in Georgia Johnny? Maybe we could carpool to Newbury Park :-)
I thought the "guru tour" thing that Jol Dantzig from Hamer did was a cool idea. I think it would be a nice experience to see Tom give a clinic on his build philosophies and just geetars in general.
Everybody look out, there's 2 men in Georgia thinking tonight. Must be the heat.
Bill

JohnnyBeck
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm in Macon... Right smack in the middle of the armpit of GA. You?

stratoquack
08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm in Flowery Branch, you know, home of the Atlanta Falcons, lots of media, and all of the PETA protests.

tom
08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
we did some clinics in the early days and they were pretty fun. for our size it's pretty tough to find the time and money to do it. we're running around crazy as it is without losing days for trips. it wouldn't be hard to put something together here, but the expense of getting here for most would probably make it hard to make work.

dannopelli
08-17-2007, 12:06 AM
we did some clinics in the early days and they were pretty fun. for our size it's pretty tough to find the time and money to do it. we're running around crazy as it is without losing days for trips. it wouldn't be hard to put something together here, but the expense of getting here for most would probably make it hard to make work.

What about a virtual clinic?

tom
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
i would virtually consider that. what would that look like?

Stys
08-17-2007, 10:33 AM
If you visit the sweetwater website www.sweetwater.com you can click on a vintage guitar page. Once on the page you can view video of sweetwater asscoiates demonstrating different guitars and amp.

I could easily see Roy demoing different TAG models, pickups, etc....

take a look at the SW site.

dannopelli
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
If you visit the sweetwater website www.sweetwater.com you can click on a vintage guitar page. Once on the page you can view video of sweetwater asscoiates demonstrating different guitars and amp.

I could easily see Roy demoing different TAG models, pickups, etc....

take a look at the SW site.

Yeah, a YouTube kind of thing would be cool. Different models, how to do the BF thingy, use the locking tuners.

FFOGG
08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
that would be welcome