PDA

View Full Version : pot question

nick
08-12-2007, 04:19 PM
First.....I apologize for all the questions lately but I'm fairly new to P90s and I'm wanting to educate myself the best I can. I just bought a Cobra Special 11-21-03a and the previous owner had a set of Harmonic Design P90s that didn't sound right to me. I've since put in a set of Fralins that sound great but here is my question. What pots are used in the Cobra Special......250 or 500K? Also, with the Fralins I received a Angela copper foil in oil .022 tone capacitor. This was how the old Gibson P90s were wired......at least that is what I was told. I took the stock capacitor out/put in this other one and I can't tell a difference at all. So I return to why I was asking about the pots......what is in the Cobra Special and should I use one or the other with the Fralins? Thanks in advance!

tom
08-12-2007, 06:38 PM
cobras and old gibsons used 500k pots. out tone cap is a .01 mf which should leave more middle in as you roll it down compared to the .022 you put it. the .022 should sound bassier when it's all the way off.

nick
08-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I appreciate the info Tom and for being so available too. It is a great benefit to get such quick responses straight from the source......thanks again!

tmihm
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
This is a good place to look for answers if you have pot questions.

That was a joke, guys. :cool: :D