PDA

View Full Version : possible egnater amp build seminar at tag

tom
08-08-2007, 10:52 AM
putting out feelers about bruce coming out and doing his amp build/mod seminar at our place. it would be the same as what he has done before. you go home with a head you built and tuned at the shop along with much knowledge about how amps work and how to tune or mod them. it would be a little more expensive than when he does them at home, but for any west coast folks there would not be the expense of the long flight. the bonus would be that since we'd be at the home of tag, we could also do some guitar tune ups and teach a bit about guitar maint. bruce thinks it will be $2050, but remember you leave with a head. i'll be attending for sure. we probably only have room for about 6 others. let me know your comments so we can see if it will work. we're thinking late fall.

lovelife
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Tom,

Do you need to bring any tools (soldering gun, voltmeter, etc.) or is it all provided there? Is it an all day event? Thanks.

Jason

tom
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
everything is provided. it starts on friday night i believe. saturday all day gets spent building the amp. sunday is spent talking about how things work and mods are explained and done if desired. i'll go check and see if i can find a schedule of what goes on.

guitarzan
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM
There's a pretty detailed explanation on Egnater.com. (http://egnater.com/ampseminars.html)

Ray K.
08-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I've heard of these things that will transport you long distances in a short amount of time. Think they're called aero-planes, or something like that. Otherwise, this is the first time I can remember ever actually regretting living in paradise over here on the "right" side of the Newnited States!

Umm, I {choke} hope ya'll have a {cough} great time... :rolleyes:

Ray K.

Ray K.
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Umm, did I kill this thread? :confused: I really was joking, in case anyone took it another way. :o

I'm not seeing as many responses as I thought there would be. Maybe you guys are PM'ing.

If I lived anywhere close, or could hop a flight, I'd be jumping all over this opportunity. Imagine getting to go through one of Bruce's amp building seminars AND spending some quality time at TAG getting your Anderson's tweaked to your liking. All while meeting up with Tom and Bruce. Talk about the best of both worlds!

Besides, Bruce has contacted me and, well...if I were to tell anymore... ;)

Ray K.

JohnnyBeck
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Man.... If I had the cash or could come up with it. I would totally take the trip out there. I'd take a road trip and just drive it or something. Or maybe I'd find a cheap flight. I dunno. I just wish I had the cash to do it. It sounds awesome. Even If i couldn't walk away with an amp, I'd just love to have the masters show me how to really care for my TAG and tweak it and make sure it's all set right and all. I'm a total guitar care dope....but I love my TAG.

Anyways...
later,
Johnny

ryman150
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Dude, what a cool idea! Tom, do you know the exact dates of this thing?? ;)

tom
08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
we're thinking late fall, but at this point there doesn't seem to be enough interest.

kccheers
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Bruce should post this on the Rig Talk forum where his forum is. There have bene a lot of people ask about doing this at locations other than Michigan.

Also, come on Enrico, you know you wanna go!:D :D :D

Sam

ryman150
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Man, I defintely think it would be a blast... especially if it were in November... (touring schedule isn't so hectic then) Maybe interest will pick up over the next few weeks...?? :rolleyes:

enr1co
08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Bruce should post this on the Rig Talk forum where his forum is. There have bene a lot of people ask about doing this at locations other than Michigan.

Also, come on Enrico, you know you wanna go!:D :D :D

Sam

Ahhh, so this is the potential amp project :)

Dont have the coin to throw down for a new amp but could be open to driving down for the weekend to attend the set up clinic :)

e

tom
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
bruce has put out some feelers, and it looks like there may be enough interest. we'll work on possible dates this next week.

Kid Metric
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I would be interested in this clinic, and a possible purchase of a suitable amp.
Please keep me posted-budg@charter.net.

bruce egnater
09-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Seems the interest may be there!!! We would love to do this but....we really need to know very soon, on a scale of 1 to 10 ( being least likely to attend), how serious everyone is about attending. It would be sometime in November (no date yet). This is kind of a big deal for us to "take it on the road" so we need to know how many of you can really make it. Cost for the TAG class is
$2050.

Please email begnater@aol.com or visit egnater.com for info.

GaryMcT
09-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Egnater amp class at Anderson!?!? Sounds great! If I can afford it I'll be there. Can't commit yet though.

bruce egnater
10-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Sorry, had to postpone until early next year. Will keep you posted. Last session for this year is November 10/11. Still spots open.

begnater@aol.com or egnater.com

GaryMcT
10-15-2007, 03:06 PM
That's good. Maybe I'll be able to afford it by then, and then there is no way I'd miss it! :)

bruce egnater
10-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Hoping for February. Watch for announcments.

Last one for this year in Detroit is November 10/11th. Still have space but the last day to sign up is Tuesday the 30th. Better hurry!

email begnater@aol.com or visit egnater.com

santellavision
10-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Bruce,
It sounds very cool. Two questions.
What is the skill level of the participants?
What type of amp will we build?