PDA

View Full Version : amp protection

replayboy
08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys,
Looking for some advise, i dont know if its as much of a problem in the USA with your voltage being lower than in the UK?
I have a Cornell valve amp (Eric Claptons choice of builder) which has just SUPERB tone, but, at a gig the amp blew its internal fuse and this can only be down to the dodgy voltage supply in the UK -230 volts.
So what do you guys use, if any? ...will a normal "computer" surge protection block do ? advise guys ...:confused:

kurt1981
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
That depends on how much you want to spend. Furman makes good stuff, at varying prices, and for a bit more, I believe there's one that actually stores a lot of power, and can run your gear for quite a while if you lost power. I'll see if I can find that unit's name again, Kurt

bruce egnater
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
A line voltage regulator will help that is in fact the problem. How did you determine that was the cause of the fuse blowing? Was there no other cause found?

Egnater

replayboy
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Thats right the main fuse and the internal one were blown, and did the same with the stand in amp, it is pointing to the electrical supply in the club..The Cavern, in Liverpool !!! i wonder if it was as bad in the Beatles days ?:)

Barry
08-10-2007, 01:08 PM
You want a Furman voltage regulator . It will protect you from those dodgy electricity spikes . Hmmm, The Cavern, You must be a scouse ?

replayboy
08-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Is correct,
Can you advise me which one i need? approximate cost, bear in mind it is a 230V supply over here?
thanks.

Barry
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Go to www.furmansound.com and pull up the voltage regulators link . I think they offer four models . Why not email them and ask about your voltage requiements in the UK ? Im sure Furman products are available to the UK