PDA

View Full Version : Fender Silverface Deluxe Reverb w/ Roadcase

olectric
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Bought this amp last summer...a new purchase forces the sale. It's a sweet little amp. As far as I know, everything is stock except the speaker and the power cable (updated to a grounded three-prong plug). I've gone through a few speakers, and it currently has an Eminence Cannabis Rex, which is a really great match for it. The roadcase is made by Showcase Custom Cases (http://www.showcasecases.com/OurProducts/StandardCases/Amp.htm), the best (and most expensive) in town. The cool thing about Showcase cases is that the tray is really shallow and doesn't cause interference with the speaker like a lot of other cases. You can just take the lid off, plug in, and play. I would love to keep this amp, but I've got my bases covered amp-wise, and I could use the $$. The amp is in perfect working order, except the reverb tank needs a spring. I'm asking $999 local pickup, actual shipping costs apply elsewhere.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/olectric/IMG_3331.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/olectric/IMG_3325.jpg

guitarzan
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
yer freakin' KILLING me.

I need a minute to decide if you're dead to me or not...

olectric
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
does that mean you want to buy it?

tom
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
come on corey, he's had it since last summer. is that a record?

olectric
07-05-2007, 08:08 PM
come on corey, he's had it since last summer. is that a record?

hear hear!

guitarzan
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I dunno. I think Justin's quite a bit better with his amps than some of us. I think he's had his Voxer forever. (J, do you still have that?)

Anyway, yes, J, I WANT to buy it, but no-can-do right now. This is one of those times that I wish the Egnater would give me an excuse to buy a new amp, but it hasn't- and I suppose I should thank God for that. :)

Sell away, my friend, but give that amp a little peck on the cheek for me before you box it up and send it to the new owner.

[quietly to self]
be. strong.
[/quietly to self]

tom
07-05-2007, 08:16 PM
we were just having a discussion here about amps. i was saying that i am loving the egnater, it's doing everything i need better than anything i have had, yet there are other amps calling my name. it's not like having more wives or girlfriends, but it feels wrong:o

guitarzan
07-05-2007, 08:28 PM
we were just having a discussion here about amps. i was saying that i am loving the egnater, it's doing everything i need better than anything i have had, yet there are other amps calling my name. it's not like having more wives or girlfriends, but it feels wrong:o

to be honest, the one that still haunts me is a Deluxe. That's why this sucks so bad. The Egnater can do big and hairy, but sweet and airy is a Deluxe and I'd like to get me some of that. BUT, I'm actually in "sell" mode right now to raise some unexpected bill money and another redundant purchase would hurt my progress.

As it stands, I already have the newest Limited Edition John Mayer strat heading my way. I was hoping that it would do what the last ltd. edition did (which is sell for $1400 and then ebay for $3k), but I think Fender is making this ltd. run less ltd. than they have in the past. Curses!! So much for my career in Guitar-Gear Day Trading...

olectric
07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I think he's had his Voxer forever. (J, do you still have that?)

I do still have the Voxer...two of them, actually. Plus, a sweet old Ampeg, and a Naylor. Alas, the Deluxe must go...

bud
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I wish the Egnater would give me an excuse to buy a new amp, but it hasn't- and I suppose I should thank God for that. :)

[quietly to self]
be. strong.
[/quietly to self]

I'll trade you my mint 69 Deluxe for your Egnater...
(someone just handed me a pitch fork and a red cape, I don't know why)

guitarzan
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
hmmm. tempting. But the Egnater feels like the end of the road to me. The frequency of gigs where I acheive Tone Nirvana is much much higher these days.

But what I DO have to offer you is this mint condition Starbucks card...

or possibly an American Vintage Hod Rod Tele. :)

Suriel Zayas
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
for the past 2 days i've been trying to come up with ways to get that amp, and i think the brainstorming has paid off. here's the deal, i'll trade you that amp for your collings acoustic guitar. sounds like a deal to me. lemme esplaine......you send me the amp and you keep the collings or your can send me the collings and keep the amp. deal???!!!!

or no deal:(

tom
07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
suriel, i want you to negociate all future deals for me.

olectric
07-06-2007, 11:42 PM
suriel, i want you to negociate all future deals for me.

seriously. that was brilliant!

almost...

tom
07-07-2007, 11:34 AM
almost is close...

olectric
07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
c'mon people! help me fund a 335. $999 local pickup for the DR--shipping will be actual costs.

olectric
07-11-2007, 06:21 PM
the amp is a '79, and every tube in it is an EH with v4 and v5 being GTs.

tom
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
if only v4 and 5 were a different brand;)

olectric
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
if only v4 and 5 were a different brand;)

yeah, then i would have sold it a week ago! :D

someone asked on TGP, so i thought i'd update here as well.

tom
07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
just teasing.

guitarzan
07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
does this one have any push-pull pots?

olectric
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah, pull out on the ol' volume knob of the reverb channel. i never use it. gets a little harsh.

i bought this amp from Mike (Lonestargtr), he used it whenever Lonestar would play the Opry. Mike said that the stage manager remarked that it's the best sounding deluxe he's heard. Take that for what it's worth--you know that the Opry's stage manager has heard a LOT of deluxes...but then again, how many has he heard with Mike playing through them? ;)

guitarzan
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
This sounds like a great amp, and I'm struggling with it, but I don't wanna sell anything right now. I've had some turn over here in the gear bank lately and I think I need some stability for a few months. I start to get the vertigo feeling if too much comes and goes at once. If you're still lookin to sell it in October, I'll be around. :)