PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Member Jeff

Pastor Jeff
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi to all. I'm new to this forum, but a member of several other guitar based forums. Last week I watched a Passion DVD with David Crowder, and was blown away by his guitar. Research led me to TA guitars. I've read everything I can over the last week about them, especially the Crowdster..

I owned a T5 for almost a year before selling it. I couldn't get it to sound like I wanted it to on the platform. I'm a pastor and worship leader in Oregon. I love Taylor guitars, and own a few. I currently use a '95 410 which I've owned since new. I also play electric, both Strat & Tele.

I'be been looking for a replacement for the T-5, and reading about the Crowdster has put me in the GAS mode again!

I'm hoping to find one I can handle up close & personal.

Anyway, God bless to all, Jeff

taclassic
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Welcome. Where in Oregon are you located. I am in Tigard and I own a Cobra.
I am sure you will get your hands on an Anderson really soon.

michaelomiya
07-04-2007, 12:47 AM
congrats to all you in Corvalis or areas nearby (maybe not Eugene) for winning the NCAA College World Series!

kurt1981
07-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Just wait man, you'll get random congregation members coming up to you, and telling you how much better your anderson sounds, the first week you get one. I had folks who don't know a thing about instruments telling me they could hear every note I played on my andys, whereas my other guitars seemed to get lost in the mix. Very flattering, though Tom gets all the credit, and I have to wonder, are they hearing all my mistakes as clearly?!
God bless, hope you find what you're looking for in an anderson!
Kurt

Pastor Jeff
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm right down the street in Sherwood. I'm the pastor of New Life Assembly of God, there since 1988. We do a lot of music, and I'm blessed to have some great musicians as friends and members of our fellowship.

Northwest guitars in Bellevue has a new Crowdster, but it wouldn't be my first choice for aesthetic reasons. It's a quilt top, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather have a flame top, and a different color.

I'd love to hear that Cobra, so maybe we could get together sometime.

Thanks, Jeff

taclassic
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Jeff, go ahead an email me anytime.

taclassic at yahoo dot com

You can check out the Cobra.

Ruben

theatomicjeff
07-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Howdy, PJ - welcome aboard.

tmihm
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Nice to have you here, PJ. Welcome aboard. :)

Terry