PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Browne on Austin City Limits

bbjonz
02-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi All,

Got to watch a bit of ACL last night. One of Browne's guitar player (didn't catch the name) had a nice selection of Andersons, including a Classic, some T's, and a Cobra. Good player who played mostly fingerstyle all night. Anyone know that guy's name?

Joe

andersonguy
02-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Dont know his name offhand but he is on the GOTW, I think with a black classic. If you research it a little on the TAG web page you will find him.

Stan Malinowski
02-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Mark Goldberg is the guitarist you're thinking of. I believe his guitars have been on the GOTW a few times! A fiesta red tele Classic T seems to stand out in my mind.

BFC
02-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Great show! Mark is a great player. There were a couple of times where he was way down in the mix though. I had to crank the TV up so I wouldn't miss what he was doing. Loved that white T.

tom
02-22-2004, 03:25 PM
mark is a great player and wonderful human. we have made a handfull of guitars for him. always plays with his fingers. he was one of the reasons i checked out the carr rambler.

bbjonz
02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
I thought he was very tasteful--hard to find useful space to fill when you've got two other guitar players and a keyboard player up there. And, of course, the sounds he got from his guitars was just wonderful.

BTW, I first learned about Anderson guitars when I saw Clint Black on ACL a few years back. It was the episode where, for the encore, Clint played drums on Steely Dan's "Josie." I think Hayden Nicholas was playing a black Classic and his sound was great--very soulful. Eric Johnson sat in for "Josie" and played the solo--lots of notes with a kind of nasaly sound. Hayden played the solo on the outro and the difference in tone between his guitar and Johnson's was striking. (Helped too that Hayden wasn't trying to impress anyone with speed, although it's clear he can blaze it when he wants to.)

Joe

tom
02-23-2004, 12:51 PM
hayden is a long time anderson player, and a very good one. i saw them on live by request, and he played and sounded great. suprised me when they did josie. he has a matching forest green classic and hollow t classic.