PDA

View Full Version : Personal top

jimmieb
02-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Tom,

Could you explain the personal top choice. the price and exactly what it is. What is the difference between it and the upcharge for quilted top.

Jimmie B

tom
02-19-2004, 11:24 PM
our maple top guitars come with flame maple. for 200 more, you get quilt, not as available as flame. we buy only one grade of tops, the highest there is. personized means you want it to look like a specific thing, tubes as wide as sausages, flame that looks like the stripes on a particular tiger, just like the guitar on page 3 of our catalog, quilt that looks like clouds with a rabit hopping around, you get the idea.

jimmieb
02-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by tom
our maple top guitars come with flame maple. for 200 more, you get quilt, not as available as flame. we buy only one grade of tops, the highest there is. personized means you want it to look like a specific thing, tubes as wide as sausages, flame that looks like the stripes on a particular tiger, just like the guitar on page 3 of our catalog, quilt that looks like clouds with a rabit hopping around, you get the idea.

So is it another $200 for a personal top, also what are the tone differences in various types figued tops. Say tight strips and say
sausage size quilt or even light figueing.

Jimmie B

michaelomiya
02-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by jimmieb
So is it another $200 for a personal top, also what are the tone differences in various types figued tops. Say tight strips and say
sausage size quilt or even light figueing.

Jimmie B

:D :D Hey Jimmie, ask Roy specifically for a top w/ "snoopy running through the clouds" because you want to sound like "angels singing from on high". He'll get a big kick out of that...:p :D (but don't blame me when he tells you that such a request puts your order at the end of the line!!;) )

jimmieb
02-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
:D :D Hey Jimmie, ask Roy specifically for a top w/ "snoopy running through the clouds" because you want to sound like "angels singing from on high". He'll get a big kick out of that...:p :D (but don't blame me when he tells you that such a request puts your order at the end of the line!!;) )

I think I'll just be happy with what I get. Still Snoopy is very cool...
I prefer a SpongeBob Swiss Cheese Quilt.
By the way did you view The Beatles trivia post? Thoughts? Comments?
And Speaking of Roy , Did he fall off the face of the world. Last weeks GOTW didn't have copy till Sunday night.

michaelomiya
02-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by jimmieb
I think I'll just be happy with what I get. Still Snoopy is very cool...
I prefer a SpongeBob Swiss Cheese Quilt.
By the way did you view The Beatles trivia post? Thoughts? Comments?
And Speaking of Roy , Did he fall off the face of the world. Last weeks GOTW didn't have copy till Sunday night.

ahoy sir! I did indeed read your Beatles trivia post. You certainly qualify as a Beatles historian. I learned much from that post. Regarding the "mysterious one", he's around, probably biking down hill before the rain. Actually last week's GOTW was attached to the Pete Anderson and Tom Anderson NAMM post from the week prior. The text somehow repositioned itself on Tuesday. (you're referring to the 6120 quilted Cobra, not the Cobra S w/ Sausage tubes?)

jimmieb
02-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Michael,

The sausage quilt is what motivated my personal top quirries. The GOTW guitar that got the fork lift stab, the cajun magenta one, are the quilt I want. I'm not sure if I want to be so picky.

Jimmie B

dpeterson
02-20-2004, 07:59 AM
when i ordered my last one, i believe the price for a stupid quilt was $500 upcharge. The solid rosewood was $400, which i went for instead, the top on mine was plenty nice enough, and the rosewood neck is a thing of beauty.

Dave

Jack Gretz
02-20-2004, 08:48 AM
The Personnal picked top is a $500 upcharge for flame.
and a total of $700 for quilted top.

$200 for quilt plus $500 for the personnal selection.

vai777
02-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Het Jimmieb I own that forklift guitar you speak of and it is truly unreal in person. The current guitar of the week is also something special.

Can anyone tell me how many hollow drop tops with a koa top in Black/Tortoise color have been made, I own one but have never seen another. thanks again

andersonguy
02-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi Jimmy!
If you look at my post "My new hollow T" you will also see my DTC with the personalized selection top. I dont even for one second regret making that choice. Every time I open the case it takes my breath away. I personally feel that the rounded edges without binding makes it look even better.
I only play andersons and wanted one to be "special" Although I can say that every one is, this one is my fav. :D

Johnny Cobra
02-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi can anyone tell me all the available "PERSONALIZED SELECTION" tops i.e Tubular Quilt / Flame etc...