PDA

View Full Version : It's a keeper1

-CM-
02-19-2004, 09:39 PM
My latest aquisition was on the back porch when I got home, which was surprising because the UPS gut doesn't usually get here until 6:30 or so. So I ate dinner and putzed around for awhile waiting for it to warm up a bit before opening it.

As soon as I picked it up and played with it just a little bit, I knew it was a keeper. I really like the small v neck. The way it fits my hand is very nice, and the fret finishing is probably the best of all the guitars I have. Every guitar maker should learn to finish the neck like TAG does. I thought at first that it wasn't finished at all - just a really smooth sanding job, but the hang tag says it's satin. It feels silky smoove.

And it's very light, at 61/2 pounds, according to Willcutts. It's very comfortable.

Tonewise, I think it's fantastic. I can't play much of anything yet, but from the doodling and mangled chords I do, it sounds very nice, and is very responsive.

The obligatory new guitar pic:

http://www.cmwebsite.com/images/AndersonTelefront1.jpg

Stan Malinowski
02-20-2004, 12:50 PM
So CM will we seeing more Andersons in your gear picture in the near future?:D

-CM-
02-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
So CM will we seeing more Andersons in your gear picture in the near future?:D

I'm thoroughly impressed by the T Classic, but no, I won't be getting any more, at least for awhile. 21 guitars is enough. I ned to stop buying and start playing.

pcbb
02-21-2004, 05:01 PM
21 guitars CM :eek:

Scott Peterson
02-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Very cool - very classy! Congrats!!

andersonguy
02-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Its a beauty! I can almost hear it. Congratulations!!
I used to have quite a few guitars (not 21). Boiled my collection down. Now Im down to three (soon four) Andies:D

AG

Stan Malinowski
02-22-2004, 11:32 AM
21 guitars is enough. I ned to stop buying and start playing.

CM,

I'm down to 18 from a high of 23! I've developed the same philosophy as you...more playing, less buying!

-CM-
02-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I got a little carried away. I bought all of them in the last 18 months beacuse I couldn't decide which one to buy. They're all different, so I have a wide range of possibilities to explore(except for 2 Larrivees that are nearly the same - but that's a long story) I was missing a Tele, so hence the T Classic.

Now I'll just finish up the amp collection, and then I'll get serious about playing.

John Price
02-23-2004, 04:44 PM
All the best to you and your new Anderson!!!!

looks like a keeper!!!!;)

nickdahl
02-24-2004, 12:12 PM
A very nice guitar!

Nick

Tom Gross
02-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Beautiful. I think those are the best combination of vintage simplicity and modern technical excellence. I need one.

That's not hollow, right? Pretty light for a solid body. The hollow T classic's are like feathers.