PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bruce...

mbrown3
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Actually, I suspect this question could be answered by anyone at TAG (and probably some others here as well), but I put it forth to Bruce because he's the one that will likely be doing the work for me (hopefully).

If I send you a guitar to be retrofitted for BFTS, does it replace the current nut, and/or make it obsolete? The particular nut in question is pretty cool and (I think) is a factor in tone, so I don't want to remove it from the equation, but I definitely want BFTS. Can the existing nut still be used, or does it get "left out"?

Thanks in advance for any help!

bruce
05-27-2007, 11:58 PM
What kind/type of guitar is in question?

If it's an Anderson, we normally replace the nut with a wider one. It's the same Tusk material we've been using for years so it won't sound any different if that's what's on the guitar already.

mbrown3
05-28-2007, 01:13 AM
It's a custom Mcinturff, with a wooly mammoth tusk nut. Could it be re-used, or would a whole new one be needed?

bruce
05-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Not sure of the design/nut placement of that guitar. Is there any way to post pics with diferent angles so I can see what we're talking about? You can email them to me at bnelson11@mac.com too. There are different ways to get the nut to the Feiten placement so I want to see what is going on there.

One concern to think about... There is a chance that when removing a bone nut that it will shatter depending on the type of glue used and if the bone is weak.

mbrown3
05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
OK, email sent. Thanks Bruce.